Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notification for added customer

Deleted user January 22, 2020

Hello, 

I'm trying to customize our invite messages for customers when they are added for the first time. 

I would like to have a custom invite mail, more beautiful than JIRA's one. 

I have Automation for JIRA but It's only for issues.

JIRA doesn't even allow me to write a long HTML mail. Because I've written the mail with HTML I need to be able to add the code in Customers notifications. 

Any ideas ? 

Thx.

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2020

Hi @[deleted] 

You have lots of options in Customer Notifications under Customers Invited to edit and make beautiful your welcome email, but seriously don't over complicate it with nice pretty formatting, a couple of spaces and paragraphs is all you need. Keep it simple silly (KISS), given the user only needs to click on one link to register, meaning they will spend a few seconds at most on the email or page. 

If you want you can have a welcome message such as: 

Welcome!

You've been invited to the *${portal.name}*.

To finish setting up your account, simply click on your [sign-up link|${invitation.url}].

We look forward to serving you bla bla bla....

You could also include your brand logo in the footer or header using the following: 

!http://www.host.com/image.gif!
or
!attached-image.gif!

See the Text Formating Notation Help guide here: https://<yourcompany>.atlassian.net/secure/WikiRendererHelpAction.jspa?section=texteffects

-Mike

Deleted user January 22, 2020

Hello Mike, 

I know about KISS and that's what I often do but we have to think about all customers including the ones who will not really understand what JIRA is and how to use it. 

This mail is supposed to explains some important things and include the URL invitation. 

We would like to have a proper invite mail that would still be simple but with some good explanations. 

Is there any option to have a trigger when a customer is added to send a custom mail like with Automation for JIRA with tickets ? 

Thanks,

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2020

Hi @[deleted] 

Another suggestion, which I do regularly with our new customers. is prior to sending out the invite, I run through a live 10 minute demo via WebEx/Slack/Google Meet showing them the Customer Portal, what it is, how it works, and what the new users can expect once the demo is over.

I even run through the invite process, show them what to expect, what to fill in and how to log in afterwards. I also have a short video for those customers who can't attend the live demo. 

This is important because it builds the relationship and gives the new customers a quick sense of what to expect, and of course I allow them to ask questions. 

Alternatively you can always explain all of this in the email that is automatically sent to the new user and include screenshots of the steps etc. 

In terms of automation - The invite is your automation feature you are looking for.

It can't be done otherwise, not via Automation for Jira as this is used for issues or events based on issues. 

I guess you could send out a normal HTML email prior to sending out the invite via JSD, but that is just an added step. 

One final thought, as you mentioned not all customers get the steps, know what to do. so then focus on the customers that do get it and get them to share their knowledge of the customer portal with their colleagues. You can do this by adding some key help guides to the Customer Portal, so that they can share them out: 

• how to register a new account on the customer portal via the invite email?
  • how to log into the Customer Portal?
  • how to reset Customer Portal password?
  • How to access the Requests?
  • What the different screens and filters mean?
  • How to approve tickets (if this is an option)?

There are lots of ways to get the message across, but it starts with that Customer Invite email.

-Mike

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events