Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assets/Insight - Referencing an attribute from another object

Claus Østergaard Pedersen July 4, 2022

Hi community,

I have the following use case, that I can’t seem to solve:

In Insight, we have, amongst others, the following tables/object types:

• IT Manufacturers
  • Laptop Models
  • Laptops

When creating an object in the table/object type “Laptop Models” you have to choose a value/object from the table “IT Manufacturers”.

When you create an object in the table/object type “Laptops” you have to choose a value/object from the table “Laptop Models”.

My problem is:

How do you reference the attribute Manufacturer on Laptops, from the Laptops object, instead of having to reference it from the table/object type “IT Manufacturer”?

The reason for my question is, that when having to reference it from the Manufacturer table, there is a chance of discrepancy in the data, as you would be able to change the manufacturer attribute on the actual laptop object, and the manufacturer on the referenced laptop model, could have a different value. 

I have tried to describe what I would like to achieve in this model:

Insight - attribute reference.png

I hope you can guide me in the right direction – thanks in advance.

Best regards

Claus

1 answer

0 votes
Jan Stähle February 21, 2023

Dear @Claus Østergaard Pedersen

I am facing the same challenge. Did you receive any feedback elsewhere yet or found a solution for your self you would like to share here? 

Many Thanks,
Jan

Claus Østergaard Pedersen February 21, 2023

Hi @Jan Stähle 

Unfortunately no - I have not had any feedback, nor have I found a solution. Hopefully your reply can give the post some traction. 

If you should happen to find a solution, please post it here - I will do the same.

Best regards

Claus

Like Jan Stähle likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events