Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval from User (unlicensed)

Nico Krämer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 3, 2023

Hi all,
we are currently planning to implement a ticket system through JSM in our company. In doing so, I have come across some open questions for which I have not yet been able to find an precise answer.
We have many approval processes in our company. Do the approvers have to be agents or can they also be unlicensed users? How exactly are the approvals controlled? Through user groups?
Furthermore, I would like to know if approval through the portal are possible?
Regards, Nico

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2023

Hi @Nico Krämer , welcome to the community.

The built-in approval process in JSM allows customers (non-licensed users) to approve issues. There are a number of articles in the JSM documentation, such as - what-are-the-differences-in-classic-and-next-gen-approvals , set-up-approvals 

Nico Krämer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 3, 2023

Hi @Jack Brickey ,
thanks for your quick reply. I have read these articles, but unfortunately they did not really answer my question. Perhaps to illustrate, here is an example:

Scenario: Procurement of new hardware
Person A opens a ticket to order new hardware.
For Person A, Person B (supervisor, department head) should always be set as the approver. Both users should be unlicensed, as they are not agents.
Person B should approve the ticket in the portal.

Can something like this be implemented? Therefore, my question is whether unlicensed users can be approvers via user groups.

Becky March 3, 2023

Yes, unlicensed users can be approvers. 
And yes, they can be approvers via user groups too. 

We use it on our company.
You can also use the groups to put atlassian users as service desk customers

Like Nico Krämer likes this
Tyler Kosaski
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2023

Would you be able to describe the process you use for this? Would they have to approve via email?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 6, 2023

Hi @Tyler Kosaski , I would reference the documents I provided links for above. The customer will be able to approve by either email or directly from the help center project portal

Like Tyler Kosaski likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events