Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally removed task

Mateusz Nowak September 28, 2022

Hello,

I accidentally removed task from my canban board in one of my projects. Is there a way to restore it on my own?

4 answers

3 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2022

What do you mean by "removed"? How did you remove it? If you used the Delete issue function then the issue cannot be recovered.

0 votes
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 3, 2023

Hi @Mateusz Nowak 

Maybe you can check if your task has not been moved to another project. A useful reference for this is the following use case:

"How many tickets were moved from one Jira project to another?"

If a ticket has been deleted, recovery is only possible through a backup.

To prevent the loss of tickets in the future, consider using the Issue History for Jira plugin. It was developed by my team and provides the option to restore deleted issues. Note that it only stores deleted tickets after activation.

750-IH-restore.gif

0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 29, 2022

Hi @Mateusz Nowak

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

By default, Jira does not track deleted issues and deleted issues are lost forever. To prevent it happening again, you can try Restore Deleted Issues app developed by our team. In order for this app to work, the app must have been installed before the issue is deleted.

After you install this app,

• Both bulk and single issue deletions are logged.
  • You can see when and by whom issues are deleted.
  • You can recover summary, description, comments except attachments.

Below you can find an article about tracking and restoring deleted issues in Jira.

How to Track and Restore Your Deleted Issues in Jira

Hope it helps.

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2022

@Mateusz Nowak -

Welcome to the community.  Just as @Jack Brickey stated, if you deleted the issues, then it is gone and cannot be restored.  However, it is not deleted, then you will need to look at your Kanban board's filter to determine if your "removed" issues fit against the filter criteria.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders