If you’d like to catch what tickets or issues were moved between different projects and how to calculate those moves, check out the use case below. It’s a recent request from one of our Issue History for Jira users. Our SaaSJet team is inspired to find solutions for any case. We’re also glad to share it with community members and hope it will be helpful.
We have two main projects (Project A and Project B) that I’m interested in reporting on.
Tickets from Project B are moved to the A project when engineering brings them into an active sprint.
I’d like to track how many tickets are moved from A to B week over week.
Issue History for Jira is the report-building app where you can track all issue changes, including movements between projects. Here you monitor what ticket was moved, by whom and when.
A step-by-step guide to discover how many tickets (issues) has migrated from Project A to Project B:
1. Open the Issue History for Jira and use the filter to load tasks according to date and creator.
You can also choose other filters: project, sprint, assignee, JQL, etc.
Here is an example with JQL to get 2 projects at once.
2. Add necessary issue fields as the grid’s columns with help of the Column Manager. Just enter and checkmark the ones you need. Here we added the project.
Now, you’ll get the column with projects’ changes in the table.
3. Export the report with data to an XLS file (or CSV).
4. Use Data filters for migrated projects (Data → Create filter).
5. Project [new] is the one where tickets were transferred, it’s your target. Uncheck blanks in the Project [new] column.
So, we have a number of tickets that were moved from A → B.
What changes you’d like to track? Let us know if you find this example handy. You can start the free trial with Issue History for Jira to check how it works for you.
This month the spotlight is on AppLiger. We caught up with Pavel Pavlovsky, CEO and Product Manager, to learn how the company started and what fuels the team's creativity. Atlassian:...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events