Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE - NOW AVAILABLE: Conversational ticketing in Jira Service Management

58 comments

Joao Zampa May 10, 2022

@Molly Bronstein I did a quick test and here is my feedback.

Positive
I think that this will be very helpful for teams to provide that quick help on slack but at the same time convert it into a ticket if it requires further investigation or other teams' involvement. 

This can help teams as well to quantify support provided over slack.

Confusing

I don't really get the need for the channel between the support channel and the jira project.

Lacking

It would be really good if we could have a way to interrupt the syncing.

Imagine if a user requests some help on a Slack channel and the triage team does the initial investigation and decides that needs to become a ticket. Let's imagine that there will be some sensitive information exchanged between the user and the agent during the investigation, therefore all the sensitive information would be synced into a public channel. 
What would be good to have is the ability to stop syncing and once the slack conversation becomes a ticket and the syncing is stopped, any comment would be only visible on the Jira ticket via the Jira portal to the reporter or any participant on the ticket only. 

Like • James Dirks likes this
Jensen Fleming
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2022

@Joao Zampa -- thank you for the feedback! We are exploring making the triage channel optional and I'll look into the syncing break you mentioned. We do have a new feature coming out soon that will allow you to default all ticket comments to be private, but its on a project basis, not an individual ticket basis. Cheers!

Like • # people like this
Fernando August 12, 2022

How does this work for SM projects where Different organization live? Will all my organization see each other messages?

Jensen Fleming
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2022

hi @Fernando -- Chat allows requests to be created from slack and only exposes tickets to a private channel in slack where your JSM agents can view them. 

Jason Brison August 12, 2022

Hi @Molly Bronstein,

Just checking in to see if there has been any updates re: Conversational ticketing in Jira Service Management for Data Center customers.

Is this something we could/should expect in Q4 2022, or even 2023, or are we looking 2024 onwards? Our company is budget planning and we're looking to make a decision on investing in JSM, or standardizing on ServiceNow for ITSM.

Cheers,
Jason Brison

Jensen Fleming
Atlassian Team
October 4, 2022

@Jason Brison -- we have no current plans to add JSM Chat to Data Center. I've made a trackable feature request here you can vote on: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-11888

Jensen Fleming
Atlassian Team
October 4, 2022
Keith Blue February 3, 2023

+100 for bringing this same functionality to Google Chat/Spaces!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events