Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE - NOW AVAILABLE: Conversational ticketing in Jira Service Management

58 comments

Jensen Fleming
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 10, 2022

@Patrick Beardmore  -- we can toggle it off, or you can disconnect chat after you set it up đź‘Ť

Nick Dring March 14, 2022

We are shortly going to be migrating our JSD Server to the JSM Cloud and I'm looking to start integrating JSM with Teams. I'd rather it was Slack but Teams has won that battle in my workplace.

Anyway, I spoke to the people at Halp a few times, before the acquisition and after but we never purchased Halp for GDPR / Privacy issues and when it became obvious we'd be moving the cloud after Atlassian dropped the massive bombshell a few years ago, I put it on the back burner.

So I'm picking this up now and trying to figure out what would be best for us, Halp or something Yasoon Office 365.

Patrick SchĂĽĂźler _yasoon_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2022

Hi @Nick Dring 

Thanks for your interest in our products.

I'm Patrick, partner manager at yasoon and I would be happy to give you a short product demo of our Microsoft 365 for Jira app based on the ITSM use case.

Feel free to book a demo: Meet Patrick (office365.com)

Thanks, 

Patrick

Like • Britta Neugebauer [yasoon] likes this
Cian Mackle March 14, 2022

Does anyone know if this currently supports Slack Connection channels with external organizations?

Jensen Fleming
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2022

@Nick Dring -- Glad to hear you are revisiting! Happy to jump on a call to talk through your use case and any changes since the last time you evaluated. We'll be looking for JSM Chat MS Teams beta testers soon as well :) 

Jensen Fleming
Atlassian Team
March 14, 2022

@Cian Mackle -- it does! We are big fans of connecting JSM Chat with shared 

slack connect channels. Let me know if you have any questions!

Like • # people like this
Nick Dring March 15, 2022

Hi all,

Thanks @Jensen Fleming I signed up for the Teams beta tester.

And also thanks @Patrick SchĂĽĂźler _yasoon_ when we are settled in the cloud I'll be in touch.

Nick

Bill Goetz March 16, 2022

This is great news! Looking forward to testing this.

Like • Jensen Fleming likes this
Jonas Wallecan March 22, 2022

We are enrolled in the betaprogram and playing around with it now.. 

But we were wondering, is it possible with Assist/Halp to have multiple different Service Desks ? 
For instance, we now have IT.. but we want one for HR as well. The tricky part is, when i try to connect Assist to the HR Service Desk, i get to see the request types from our IT Service Desk... 

Jensen Fleming
Atlassian Team
March 22, 2022

@Jonas Wallecan -- it's definitely possible to connect multiple service desks! Can you create a ticket here, and we can look into it together: https://jsmchat.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/group/4/create/14

Like • Jonas Wallecan likes this
Jonas Wallecan March 22, 2022

Hi @Jensen Fleming :) done !

Bill Goetz March 30, 2022

We have the Jira Slack integration also setup. Is there recommendations to avoid getting a double notification if user selects "I need more help"? Seen this if someone posts "Need password reset" for example. Assist opens ticket, Jira Slack notification posts notification for "need password reset" ticket, then assist will auto-respond to the notification post.

Daniel Raiha
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 30, 2022

Hello, we've been running Jira Assist for a couple of weeks and love it overall. We have noticed a couple of potential issues, though. Not sure if we have something configured incorrectly or if they are actual issues with the product. Or maybe we don't fully understand how it is supposed to work in some respects. 

First, Jira Assist is posting Slack notifications about tickets that have very restricted issue security. For example, IT team members are now seeing Slack notifications about HR Jira tickets. These are normally segregated by issue security level but are all within one Jira project. 

Second, a ticket set to "resolved" via Jira Assist doesn't actual remove the ticket from our queues because it doesn't set the "Done" flag in the same way as when the ticket is resolved in the Jira interface. 

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2022

@Bill GoetzI think we struggled with something similar at the beginning as well.

Basically, we completely muted project Slack integration in project Settings and then also turned off Jira Cloud for Slack app issue previews by navigating to the Slack channel where the integration has been set up, using /jira previews command, and then configured notifications settings.

Chris Buzon March 31, 2022

Just sent my Tech Director a link to this to see if they're interested in trying it!  Great idea, we get most of our requests in slack, and end up sending people to a service desk anyhow. This would halp!

Jensen Fleming
Atlassian Team
March 31, 2022

@Bill Goetz -- doubling down on @Tomislav Tobijas 's comment. I would recommend not using Jira Cloud App in conjunction with JSM Chat -- or muting it as Tomislav mentioned đź‘Ť

Like • Bill Goetz likes this
Jensen Fleming
Atlassian Team
March 31, 2022

Hey @Daniel Raiha 

First, Jira Assist is posting Slack notifications about tickets that have very restricted issue security. For example, IT team members are now seeing Slack notifications about HR Jira tickets. These are normally segregated by issue security level but are all within one Jira project. 

- We don't yet honor issue security. We are building out a feature right now to mark all issues in a specific project as private, but agents would still have full access. I would recommend separating those into 2 projects, one for HR and one for IT. 

Second, a ticket set to "resolved" via Jira Assist doesn't actual remove the ticket from our queues because it doesn't set the "Done" flag in the same way as when the ticket is resolved in the Jira interface. 

- Do you have your transition in your workflow setting a resolution? Or do you have a default resolution? If you don't want to adjust those, you can set a jira automation that says if a ticket transitions to "resolved" and resolution is "unresolved" set the resolution to "done". 

If you have more questions, it might be easiest to move this into a support ticket: https://jsmchat.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/group/4/create/14

Like • Daniel Raiha likes this
Private April 5, 2022

Just need to know how we turn off all notifications for non-company-related issues.  Just came here from a link in a pop-up we should never be seeing.

Terry Young April 12, 2022

What is the difference between the Assist beta and Chat beta?

Jensen Fleming
Atlassian Team
April 12, 2022

Hey @Terry Young -- Jira Service Management Chat a new feature of JSM. The app that powers it in Slack, is called Atlassian Assist!

Nick Dring April 20, 2022

@Molly Bronstein Hi there, any timeframe on the Teams beta? I'm eager to get the ball rolling now.

Like • Kalin U likes this
Jensen Fleming
Atlassian Team
May 2, 2022

Hey @Nick DringWe are hoping to ship it in the next 1-2 quarters. I will be sure to post on this page when we are getting closer! 

Mike Harvey May 3, 2022

+100 for Teams.

Stephen Lawrence May 10, 2022

doesn't appear to be working, when I try to add to Slack it asks me to log in but then doesn't accept the credentials :(

Jensen Fleming
Atlassian Team
May 10, 2022

@Stephen Lawrence -- can you please open a support ticket with the JSM Team and we can take a look into your account?  https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events