JIRA Cloud Slack integration only working for one user

jonathan.winch@fetch.ai June 11, 2019

Hi,

I am setting up a JIRA Cloud server and trying to get Slack integration working. Having followed the setup guide, everything works fine for me but not for anyone else.

When another user tries to create an issue from Slack they are asked to authorise their JIRA account and then install the JIRA cloud app in Slack despite the fact that it's already been install and configured.

Any ideas what I have missed here?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2019

Hey Jonathan, welcome to Community!

The first time users interact with the Jira app in Slack, they'll need to authorize so that the app knows which Slack users go with which Atlassian accounts. Users can do this by typing /jira connect into any Slack channel (since you've got the Jira app installed in Slack).

If they're not connected, they'll see a Log in button in a "visible only to you" message in Slack. Once they click this, they'll be asked to confirm/install the Jira Cloud for Slack app. The button on this page can be confusing, since it says Install. You've already installed the app into your Slack workspace, which might be leading to the confusion. In this case, the install button is authorizing Slack to use a particular Atlassian account ID that someone is signed into Jira with.

So they do need to click the Install button as well, despite the confusion that you've already installed the app in your Slack workspace. Once they do this, they should be able to take all the actions (create, watch, transition) that users can do on issues from Slack.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer