cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your top questions about the Jira Cloud for Mac app

Viewing page 2 of 2

35 comments

Paolo.Pavan March 28, 2022

Can you please at least provide a close button for that yellow banner announcing the app has been retired? Something that has not to be pressed at each startup, please.

Like Faisal Ijaz likes this
Daniel Bergquist May 6, 2022

It sounds like our CTO is taking a serious look into switching away from Jira. Our company has about 250 employees.

I'm definitely one of the more vocal anti-Jira voice in our company, deprecating the Mac app is one of the larger symptoms of systemic problems I can't wait to switch away to something with better UI/UX for the individual contributor! 

Like # people like this
Andrew Kao May 23, 2022

Any alternative you suggest?

We tried Linear, but its mobile PWA experience is terrible, and its API uses GraphQL which will take more investment to build our internal notification & pipeline system.

Chi July 18, 2022

Does Atlassian really think we users are daft? Completely ignoring, deflecting and misrepresenting feedback and comments on the first post. Like seriously, are there humans working in this company or bots?

Like lululombard likes this
MobilityStream
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2022

Hi,

We just released Mobility for Jira app in the Apple Mac Store. Give it a try! We are happy to optimize it some more for Mac. It works on Apple Silicon and Intel Macs. Let us know if you have any requests or suggestions. If you already have our Mobility for Jira add-on from the Atlassian Marketplace installed you will also receive push notifications.

- The Mobility Team
Like Paolo.Pavan likes this
Mobility Stream December 1, 2022

Andrew Turley December 7, 2022

It's been over 8 months since there was a comment about using the iPadOS app on M1 Macs. I still don't see Jira Cloud accessible in the App Store to be installed as an iPadOS app on M1.

Is there still an issue with running the iPadOS app on M1?

If so, is there a rough timeline on when those issues might be resolved?

Is there a way to get added to some kind of preview or beta campaign to test if/when you're getting close?

Without the JIRA Mac native app, and also not being able to use the iPadOS app on my M1 mac, I'm kind of confused as to what alternative Atlassian has to offer.

I understand that Atlassian wants to push the web interface 100%, but that hinders proper usage of desktop notifications to be easily notified about work when you have a huge list of things to keep track of. I don't want to have to constantly be checking my browser every few minutes...and enabling Chrome notifications for JIRA doesn't seem to work at all. I've also got enough in my email to be filtering through everything for just JIRA notifications.

This just shouldn't be this hard for the user.

I have to imagine that Mac users are a large enough base of JIRA users to at least be considered here.

Is there a more native alternative Atlassian recommends? Is there a location to download the old JIRA native Mac app? I'd even take an electron app at this point if the notifications work.

I apologize about the frustrated tone of this comment, but JIRA has become more of a hinderance in my life than a benefit without the availability of a more Mac native solution.

Like Dave Liao likes this
Justin May 11, 2023

The sad fact is that Atlassian has made it absolutely clear that they do not care about the user experience.

The only thing they do care about is checking more feature boxes so they can try to sell the software to people who never really use it but are fooled into thinking that "more features = more better". At the same time, the web UI has become so bloated and slow that it's almost unusable even on a high-end machine.

Nobody actually wants to use Atlassian products any more; if the users had their way Atlassian would go out of business within a few months. It's the fact that companies don't want to go through the trouble of moving away. Atlassian knows this and is taking full advantage of it to the detriment of the ones who are actually using the garbage.

TL;DR: Atlassian knows their product has failed, so they're trying to do everything they can to make it appeal to execs in order to try to sustain sales. Because if users could choose, Atlassian would have none.

Per Rundblom
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 11, 2023

To me, one of the most important features on the Mac OS is Command-Tab. That's how I switch between Jira and the browser(s) where all the testing happens. With this update all the Jira stuff will be intermixed with testing, admin-pages, knowledge based application, everything else and easy switching between Jira and all the pages mentioned on the boards will be super frustrating.

This alone is a reason to consider switching to Trello, even though a lot of functionality will be lost. They have a Mac App.

MobilityStream
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2023

Hi @Per Rundblom ,

We feel the same way. Maybe this changes your mind: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/mobility-for-jira-team/id898500641

Kind regards,

The Mobility Team

Justin January 8, 2024

I'll repeat this here. The desktop app is still the only good way to get notifications, and it still works (for now).

If the native Mac desktop application ever stops working, Jira will lose critical functionality. Do not let this happen.

maxwell_neberman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 8, 2024
maxwell_neberman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 8, 2024

I don't understand how regressing to email notifications was acceptable, but if you want push notifications again, please vote on this issue: Desktop Notification Support

rjurgilas March 3, 2024

Unbelievable, that they have removed macOs version. This web interface so sluggish, slow, unresponsive. In one word just crap!!! 

When I am uncharge should Jira should be used or no. In the past years voting not to use JIRA. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events