What does Atlassian call this issue view?

I want to configure the fields that show up in this sidebar on this page, but I don't even know what to google.  Is this the 'default' screen?  What is this thing?

And secondarily, how do I control what fields are displayed here?

600xX-devpanelhero-b.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes

Ok, it's quite a fussy screen, but we can break it up.  It is not the JIRA (JIRA core) default screen, let's forget that for now.

The left hand side is the view of a "scrum board".  Lots of "cards" in columns showing you progress.  Each "card" is a JIRA issue.

The right hand side is the "detail view" of the last issue you clicked on in the board view.  It's trying to show you issue details.

This view is configured on the board, not by plain JIRA Core.  If your screen were wide enough, you would see a link to board configuration on the right hand side of the header (further over than "recently updated") and the board configuration is where you can choose fields for the detailed issue view.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

64 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you