Unable to add "Status" column to filter query result

Jithna ...... February 7, 2019

Hi All,

I created a filter with parameters of my choice and i got the the result with list of stories. Now i want to see the status of each story Say "Planning" "Inprogress" "Resolved" "Closed" "Reopened" etc. But i am not able to find such a column name in  column selection box. I could find Current status but it is not retrieving any value. 

How can i add a column to see current status of the story. Which column should i add? Please help me

jira.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
Knut Arne Ristebråten
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2019

Hi Jithna,

Regarding the issue you experience when having alot of customfields named "status", so you aren't able to scroll down and selecting the status field for column.

Atlassian have registered a bug regarding this, that you can find here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-59412

Recommend you vote on that issue.

There are mentioned a workaround in the description of JRASERVER-59412, but this do require admininstrator access.

I did find another community thread where they experience the same issue: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/Can-t-add-standard-quot-Status-quot-field-to-issue-navigator/qaq-p/352494

This thread contains another workaround you can perform, that have been tested with Chrome and Jira v.7.2.13. See the instructions from Edward there.

Yes it worked for me :)

Thanks for the support. But now iam stuck in excel export of the query result. i have explained that above. Can you please help .

Thanks in advance

0 votes
Merle Fischer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2019

Hi Jithna,

if you scroll down that list further, can you find the status you're looking for?

Alternatively how comfortable are you with Advanced Search-mode in Jira?

You could swithc to advanced Seach mode and enter a Query such as this one:

"project = YOURPROJECTKEY AND issuetype = story AND status= Planning"

that query should return all stories in one particular project (that you define by changing the "project =" to the project you want to search that are in the status planning.

If you start by filtering for the project and stories in basic search, and then switch to advanced by clicking "Advanced" next to the searhc icon, half of the query will alerady be written out for you.

Hope this helps, cheers

Merle

Thanks for your reply Merle. 

My issue is not about filtering based on status .But about viewing the list of all stories in a sprint along with the status column in which status of each story will be shown. 

Hope you got the point.  Looking  forward  to ur reply. 

Thankyou, 

Jithna

I dont see  the Status column even i scroll down. 

Merle Fischer
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 7, 2019

Hi Jithna,

sorry I misunderstood what you intended to do.

Can you check in the columns dropdown list for the checkbox that only says status and tick that off?

cheers Merle

----

edit: just reread your last comment, you might have to talk to one of your Jira Admins about this

Merle Fischer
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 7, 2019

End of the scroll showing message  "31 more options .Continue typing to refine further"  but i have nothing to type more as i need column with name just "Status"

jira2.PNG

Merle Fischer
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 7, 2019

Did you check out the link to the other thread? plus my comment about talking to your admins?

I believe you are running into the same difficulties they were facing in that thread, it seams like you have many custom fields that include status - and it seems that this buggy behaviour is not resolved. Unfortunately I believe your only workaround for now is what's described in the other thread by @Edward Gladstone (it's the answer thread with 5 votes)

I did that now and it worked for me. But now iam unable to export the result to excel or csv. This is the exported file screen shot. In this no story list is exported. only a summary is exported.

One thing i noticed is that filter result is blank by default . Story lists populate only when i choose "My Default" from column selector. By default "filter"tab is selected there. is that the reason? can u pls help me with this

jira3.PNG

This issue got resolved. Thanks  :)

Merle Fischer
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 8, 2019

great to hear, unfortunately did not see this until now I am afraid, but you worked it out on your owm I am assuming (thumbsup for that!!!)?

:)

have a good weekend.

Suggest an answer