It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to message custom field based on select list value?

Hi, 

I have a select list field with values A, B and C.

I have 3 tabs in the screen X,Y,Z. Each screen has a message custom field.

When request type is "A", then the field tab X should show the mesage and the other 2 tabs Y and Z shoul not show the message.

Please let me know how to hide the message field based on another field value.

Thanks,

Krithica

3 answers

4 votes
Ethan Foulkes Oct 08, 2017

Hi Krithika,

You can do this using the Power Scripts add-on.

There is a video tutorial walking you through your exact request in detail along with the code here.

Hope you can make it work!

1 vote
Rambanam Prasad Sep 15, 2017

I have posted a answer on following link, it is not exactly wha you are looking for but with that you can start work by changing few lines of code

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Show-Hide-Custom-Field-depend-on-another-custom-Field-Value/qaq-p/81140

you can search for make field dependent on another one you will find lots of posts on this forum.

0 votes
Ethan Foulkes Sep 28, 2017

Hi Kirithika,

You can do this with the Power Scripts Add-on. If add-ons are an option I can put up a video tutorial for you, it's not too difficult.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

747 views 7 0
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you