Cannot log in after jira update from 7.1 to 7.4

Alex Gray July 25, 2017

I have followed the guides on updating the Jira Core server and have failed twice to be able to log in after the update. I can reset my password and was able to get logged in ( from what seemed like luck because it didn't allow me to do this again ) But I didn't have any permissions.

So that I don't waste anymore time. What is the best practice way to setup a new VM and DB and Jira instance on the latest version. And export old config, issues and projects, and import into new  VM running new instance of Jira.

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Stefan Arnold
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2017

You made backup before updating?

Migrating into new actual vm is no problem if you have database dump and backup of the jira homedirectory. 

You could also try the following, to restore your admin access via database

https://confluence.atlassian.com/crowdkb/restoring-passwords-to-recover-admin-user-rights-283642653.html

Alex Gray July 26, 2017

Stefan,

Yes, I made backup and also was using snapshots through the update process. 

I am currently using mysql (before the update 5.1) updated to 5.5. I am now looking to do the most in line with Atlassian and migrate over to postgres. Getting new VM spun up and a new instance of Jira running is no problem. Just want to go by the rules so that I don't run into this problem again. CentOS 7 ? and Postgres DB is preferred?

Could you provide documentation on how I might be able to migrate my current Jira / Jira software / Jira Service Desk instance to the new server running a different database engine?

Suggest an answer