Build failure when running atlas-create-jira-plugin command

Noah Zhang May 16, 2018

I am very new to JIRA and am having some trouble creating my first plugin for JIRA Service Desk.  After running the atlas-create-jira-plugin command, it was downloading for a long time until it failed.  I will attach the errors below.  Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Capture2.PNGCapture.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2018

Did you change pom.xml of the plugin? Could you provide pom.xml file here?

Noah Zhang May 16, 2018

Sorry I am a beginner here.  I was just trying to follow the instructions here: https://developer.atlassian.com/server/framework/atlassian-sdk/create-a-helloworld-plugin-project/.  I haven't created the plugin yet, so I don't have a pom.xml file.  

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2018

I see. Can you execute atlas-version command?

Noah Zhang May 16, 2018

Capture3.PNGYes, here it is.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2018

I have the same version. I guess there is a network problem because you can not connect to maven.atlassian.com. Your connection is timed out.

Noah Zhang May 16, 2018

What would cause a network problem?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2018

I am not sure. It could be on your side or your ISP side. How many times did you try to execute the command?

Noah Zhang May 16, 2018

Probably 3-4 times.  I read on another post that it may be an issue with proxy, but I am not sure how to fix that.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2018

Do you connect via proxy? If so Kindly read he following thread. There is a solution:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bamboo-questions/plugin-sdk-does-not-use-http-proxy/qaq-p/363526

Unfortunately, I do not use proxy. 

Noah Zhang May 16, 2018

Actually, I just checked and I do not process through a proxy.  Apologies for the confusion.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2018

I am not sure how I can help you. You ve got a  problem with connection to maven.atlassian.com. I never had such problem.

Suggest an answer