Stephan A. March 29, 2021

! because deleting is not possible

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2021

Hi Stephan,

If I understand the problem here, you first started working with Jira Service Management in Cloud, and then found that the project creation types are not showing the exact same options in the Server platform.   There sometimes are these differences in platforms, as the Cloud and Server products do not always have a 1:1 feature parity.

This is one of those cases.  The Cloud offerings provide 6 JSM project templates at creation, whereas Server/DC provides only 3.  Some of these overlap, while others are slightly different.  I think the main reason for this difference is more in regards to the different customer requirements between Cloud and Data Center users of our products.  In general Atlassian would prefer to land new customers in our Cloud platform.  I believe that these other project creation template types were created only in Cloud.  It might be possible to port these to Server, but I do not presume this is a trivial task today.

I tried to search our existing feature requests that I think relate to this particular feature, but I have not found any suggestion type tickets on JAC in the JSDSERVER project.  I do not expect that this particular feature is going to be made to look the same in both platforms any time soon.  We could create a new feature request here on your behalf, but I want to make sure that we capture the problem here accurately.  Is the frustration here the different options between Cloud and Server? Or is there a specific project template type in Cloud that you are missing in Server?

Please let me know,

Andy

Stephan A. April 7, 2021

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2021

Hi @Stephan A. ,

Let's see if we can figure this out :)

For one, yes the templates should be available both on Cloud and Server. Their names might be a bit different and some items might be different as well as cloud is pretty much updated constantly while of course the server/dc editions only get new items when they get a new version.

Can you check a first item being if the JSM app is actually installed?

If on your environment you go to "Versions and Licenses" and see whether the JSM application is actually licensed and installed?

Also you mention that you could easily switch the templates on Cloud, that's not something I'm aware of once a project is created. Now a template is just a type of project within JSM or JSW or JC and which settings you enable/disable usually define the "template"

Stephan A. March 30, 2021

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2021

When you currently try to create a project, do you not see any templates or just less than on Cloud?

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2021

@Stephan A. ,

(I wrongly assumed you didn't see any templates)

This actually looks like the normal amount of templates for On Premise. (server/dc)

The development between Cloud <-> On Premise is not one line so both roadmaps differ in functionality.

I even believe 8.16 doesn't even have the JSM template yet but still creates a JSD project.

I'll see if I can get some definitive answer about this from Atlassian directly but I'm leaning towards "you'll have to wait till they trickle down in the next versions"

Stephan A. April 1, 2021

0 votes
Stephan A. April 1, 2021

!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders