Project lead not getting assigned to issues

Sinemnur Dasdemir June 2, 2021

When creating an issue, we´ve set it so that the project lead gets assigned to the issue automatically. Recently it gets assigned to one of our administrators and not the project lead.

Screenshot 2021-06-02 161023.png

What needs to be done so that the "Spoc" gets automatically (without automation seetings) assigned to the issues?

Thank you in advance!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Lyanh Hoon February 16, 2023

I have the same issue in Jira Service Management.  There's no component set up or post-function to auto-assign issues.  @Sinemnur Dasdemir Were you able to find where the problem was that you could share?  

Sinemnur Dasdemir February 21, 2023

Hi @Lyanh Hoon

yes the Jira support was able to help me through it.

The problem was that in the "request types" one user was set as Assignee (dont ask me how, I didnt do it)

So when you check request type, there will be a hidden assigned field and if that has a present value with the user name you just have to remove him/her so that the next created issues will be assigned to the project lead.

Hope I could help you :)

Lyanh Hoon February 21, 2023

@Sinemnur DasdemirThanks for sharing. Yes, I was able to find that there's an assignee field in the Request Type set automatically by Jira that caused the issue.

Thank you!

Sinemnur Dasdemir February 21, 2023

I´m glad I could help, you´re very welcome <3

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2021

Hi @Sinemnur Dasdemir

is there any chance the component setting of default assignee is overriding your settings - to check could you check if there are components set to the troubling issues in question and if so, if there are settings for components which could be responsible?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/managing-components-938847187.html

I am assuming so because:

Components are sub-sections of a project. They are used to group issues within a project into smaller parts. You can set a default assignee for a component. This will override the project's default assignee, for issues in that component.

Regards,
Daniel

Sinemnur Dasdemir June 7, 2021

Screenshot 2021-06-07 083732.png

Hi @Daniel Ebers thank you for your reply!

actually on ALL projects there were automatically given those two components by jira servicedesk (we didnt create any other). And all are assigned to the project default.

Regards!

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2021

So - just for a summary and a better understanding, you still see some other user than "SPOC" assigned when a Component like "Öffentliche Website" is selected, is this right?

If so and no setting via component lead + no setting via project default is taking place + no setting via workflow is done - only some sort of automation, possible via an App comes to mind.

Do you mean to solve the problem via automation setting or to check if automation is set?

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 7, 2021

I would recommend to check first.

No on all our projects we dont use automations.

It´s the same project where we had this problem that the user/customer couldnt see its own tickets: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-Server-questions/User-has-no-access-after-creating-a-ticket/qaq-p/1689098#M56762

We figured out it was a bug in the workflow by copying and pasting the exact same workflow from another project to project 2 and the problem was simply solved. We thought the Project lead "bug" would also be solved by copy/paste the same workflow but the problem still lasts

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2021

Ah, I see - so it is more a collection of suspicious things. Well, in case they are dependend on each other (or even if not) maybe something in configuration (but to be honest then I cannot imagine where that should be) or you are hitting a series of bugs (not likely, but who knows).

I would in your case investigate further which administrator is set to the issue - if there is some pattern. If it is every time the (same wrong) account and such.

0 votes
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 2, 2021

Hi ,

Check the workflow post-function of Create Issue transition.

If the issue has component field value, check the components page in the project(if issues with components has default assignee)

Sinemnur Dasdemir June 2, 2021

I´ve checked the field configuration scheme (which is the same as in other projects) but in that project there doesnt occur this problem with the project lead

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events