User has no access after creating a ticket

Sinemnur Dasdemir May 10, 2021

After the user creates a ticket in the user portal, the following page appears

Screenshot 2021-05-10 154031.png

that means:

"no access
you have no right to see this issue
show other portals"

though when I go as admin into the administration portal, I´m able to see that the ticket was created.
What could be the problem?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2021

Hi @Sinemnur Dasdemir

there are some differences between both project types. For the moment it would suffice to understand which type of project you are using so Community members can better suggest a solution.

You can learn about the differences here:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/learn-the-differences-between-classic-and-next-gen-projects/

When on the project overview page there is the information if it is a company managed project or a team managed project. You also can see it left hand (on the very bottom of the page) when you are in the project.

As for your question: using Admin Helper you will probably be able to state why the access for the user is failing, in case you are interested using Admin Helper - please follow these steps (please note: administrator permissions are required to execute the steps):
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/use-the-jira-admin-helper/

Regards,
Daniel

Sinemnur Dasdemir May 18, 2021

Hello Daniel,

thank you for your reply.
We are on a company based project.

When I checked the permissions, I saw that the user doesnt have any rights.
But when I checked other projects, I saw that other customer´s users also have no rights on this project but they were able to see/work with tickets and didnt have the issue according to the screenshot above.

I appreciate your help!
Thank you!

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2021

If I understand you correctly the issue persists?

If so please check workflow post functions in the create transition and if there are any Automations which are in place to set a security level after a request is created.

First check (the easiest one) could be a quick look if Issue Security is configured for the project.

Sinemnur Dasdemir May 19, 2021

Hello @Daniel Ebers 

Thank you!
I willl investigate this and come back to you.

Sinemnur Dasdemir May 26, 2021

Hello @Daniel Ebers ,

unfortunately the workflow post functions is not the problem. I have checked it with other project workflows but there is no difference or change. The Issue Security is not activated in any projects.

What else can be checked?

Sinemnur Dasdemir May 27, 2021

Maybe I need to put a finer point on it. What I mean with user is actually our customer who is using the customer service desk (customer portal) and who is creating there its own tickets when he/she has a problem or needs support.

Those created tickets can be any support question regarding the problem (e.g. Outlook issue, printer/scanner issue, telephone/Word/Excel issue and so on.

And the current problem I mentioned very very above by showing the screenshot, is only occurring in that project. Even though I´ve checked all settings and compared it with other project, me and my team couldnt see any difference. We checked the rights, permissions, security schemes --> nothing its all set similar with other project.

Customer A,B,C,D,E from Project 1 can create ticket and is able to view his/her created ticket, add comments, files, anything. No problem at all

Customer A,B,C,D,E from Project 2 can create ticket as well but is not able to view it afterwards. The customer gets this message/report on the next page:

Screenshot 2021-05-10 154031.png

This report says:

"no access
you have no right to see this issue
show other portals"

What I dont understand is that the customers A,B,C from project 2 have the same permissions as the customers A,B,C from project 1 but somehow all customers from project 2 cant view their tickets.

So what else can I check and hopefully solve this problem with your help?

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 28, 2021

There come no other possibilities to mind than Permission Schemes, Workflow Postfunctions, Issue Security, Automation. If this all is checked and you say it is certain that all permissions are correctly set only a bug would come in realistic but before stating that I'd double check (I know it is tedious) if the permission schemes is indeed the right one assigned to the project, if there is not some global Automation rule, etc.

In last instance I would try to create a dummy project, just trying to reproduce the effect with a freshly created project.

Other than that you would probably need to raise a request with Atlassian Support - which is possibly assuming you are not on Free plan.

Sinemnur Dasdemir June 2, 2021

We´ve doubled checked all settings again and decided to just try to copy the permission scheme from another project. (even though they all have the same schemes) but just to give it a try we have copied and pasted it again. --> somehow it worked for the user.

Maybe it was a tiny bug.

Thank you for your help!

0 votes
Thorsten Letschert _Decadis AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 10, 2021

Looks like you're having some trouble with either permissions or security schemes. Have you made changes to one of those areas? Are you on a company- or team-managed project?

Sinemnur Dasdemir May 10, 2021

I just figured out that other users in this project have also the same problem by seeing this page. When I compared it with other projects, I couldnt see any difference in permissions/security schemes --> all settings are the same, but the problem only appears in that one project

Sinemnur Dasdemir May 11, 2021

@Thorsten Letschert _Decadis AG_ 

I´m new in atlassian. Could you please help me to explain the meaning of company / team-managed project?

Thorsten Letschert _Decadis AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 16, 2021

Hey @Sinemnur Dasdemir ,

somehow your answer got lost - sorry for that. Please head over to the next step of troubleshooting that @Daniel Ebers kindly posted: using the 'Admin Helper' checking for the 'Browse projects' permission.

Suggest an answer