Pre-fill text in the comment field

DG December 14, 2021

Hello everybody,

Is it possible to re-fill the comment field with text in the workflow durig a transition?

I am a user and would like to have text already pre-filled as a guide or a template.

Best regards

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2021

Hi @DG , there isn’t a post function for Comment field. I am not understanding your use case of using the comment field as a “guide”. You might find the Automation would fit your need as you could certainly add a comment upon transitions.

DG December 14, 2021

Hi Jack,

Fictional example:

As an agent, I solve tickets with the transition "solution found". The transition is connected to a window where the agent can write a text in the Comment field on this connected window:

The use case is, the agent can fill out as a template

1. Which kind of service affected?

Network service

2. Has the customer confirmed the function?

Yes, by mail

3 ...

I hope it makes the requirement clearer.

Bes regards

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2021

So you are creating a form in the Comment and the agent edits the Comment? IMO, you should consider using custom fields for this. Also I know that integrated Proforma is being rolled out so I wonder if that is available and an option. I have not, as yet investigated this myself.

DG December 14, 2021

Hi Jack,

This is exactly what I need. Creating a form as template and use desired in the workflow.

Thanks we use Jira Core. So I need to develop custom fields with pre-filled text.

Suggest an answer