Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Pre-fill text in the comment field

Hello everybody,

Is it possible to re-fill the comment field with text in the workflow durig a transition?

I am a user and would like to have text already pre-filled as a guide or a template.

Best regards

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey Community Leader Dec 14, 2021

Hi @Jira4Business , there isn’t a post function for Comment field. I am not understanding your use case of using the comment field as a “guide”. You might find the Automation would fit your need as you could certainly add a comment upon transitions.

Hi Jack,

Fictional example:

As an agent, I solve tickets with the transition "solution found". The transition is connected to a window where the agent can write a text in the Comment field on this connected window:

The use case is, the agent can fill out as a template

1. Which kind of service affected?

Network service

2. Has the customer confirmed the function?

Yes, by mail

3 ...

I hope it makes the requirement clearer.

Bes regards

Jack Brickey Community Leader Dec 14, 2021

So you are creating a form in the Comment and the agent edits the Comment? IMO, you should consider using custom fields for this. Also I know that integrated Proforma is being rolled out so I wonder if that is available and an option. I have not, as yet investigated this myself.

Hi Jack,

This is exactly what I need. Creating a form as template and use desired in the workflow.

Thanks we use Jira Core. So I need to develop custom fields with pre-filled text.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Do you use Jira Cloud with Microsoft Teams?

Hi, Jira users! Do you use Jira alongside Microsoft Teams? We want to hear how you’ve used the power of Jira Cloud and Microsoft Teams (via the Jira Cloud for Microsoft Teams app) to achieve a team...

385 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you