Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Proforma be included with Jira Service Management

Dan W April 28, 2021

Does anybody know how proforma will be integrated with JSM?  Will it be a separate purchase or will it be integrated automatically?  We were looking at a purchase this summer just wondering where things stand now.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2021

Hello @Dan W,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Jira Service Management and ProForma will be integrated, similar to what is Automation for Jira and Insight. 

For more information, please, check the blog below and also keep an eye on our Roadmap:

Advanced forms with 300+ templates, powered by ProForma

Atlassian recently acquired ThinkTilt, the maker of ProForma, a low-code/no-code forms builder for Jira. We will be deepening the integration between ProForma and Jira Service Management to bring dynamic forms, validation capabilities, conditional logic, and more to our customers.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Dan W April 30, 2021

Thanks @Angélica Luz , do you know if proforma will be integrated with Jira software projects as well as JSM projects or just JSM projects?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2021

Hi Dan, 

It will be integrated with JSM only, there are no further details about other integrations.

Frederick Washburn June 30, 2021

Will this integration be both for Cloud and Data Center?

We are looking to purchase JSM this summer as well and seems like if we want to start with ProForma we need to purchase it separately for now?

There doesn't seem to be a timeline on the post above.

Thanks - Rick

Dan W June 30, 2021

The Cloud roadmap says Q4 2021.  I believe it was pushed back and was originally q3-2021.

https://www.atlassian.com/roadmap/cloud?selectedProduct=jiraService

Like Simon Herd likes this
Tobias Mucke July 9, 2021

@Angélica Luz

Is it wise to start with ProForma before the "tight" integration with JSM has been launched? I know from Insight (which was also acquired by Atlassian) that before the tight integration into JSM the data was stored at Mindville (the company behind Insight) and not at Atlassian.

So, as I joind Atlassian Cloud beginning this year, the Insight product team advised me to hold on a little bit and to join the EAP in April. This allowed me to directly start with the tightly integrated Insight which also came with additional functionality.

Is the situation with ProForma similiar to my experiences with Insight? Do you know about an EAP and when this is going to start?

Thanks for your support.

Kind regards,

Tobias

Like # people like this
Simon Herd
Atlassian Team
July 12, 2021

@Tobias Mucke all ProForma form data is stored within your Jira instance (technically they are Issue entity properties). This means each form's data is stored against the relevant Jira issue. No form data is stored on ProForma servers and if you install ProForma now you'll be able to continue using your forms once ProForma becomes integrated into Jira.

Cheers,

Simon (PM/Founder of ProForma)

Like # people like this
Tobias Mucke July 12, 2021

@Simon Herd 

That’s good news. So, I’ll start using ProForma right away. Thanks for clarification.

Like Simon H likes this
Matt Lane August 30, 2021

@Simon Herd @Simon H 

Hi Simon, do you know if the permissions for user-picker fields in ProForma forms is going to brought in-line with the behaviour of user-picker fields permissions in Jira forms?

ie. if we have 3000 users in our Atlassian ecosystem, and lets just say 1000 of those staff members have Atlassian site access only (to access our JSM customer portal - no actual product licence access), if we have user-picker fields in our ProForma forms we want to ensure those 1000 staff can utilise user-picker fields in forms we build with ProForma if we have given all site users customer permissions for the JSM service project in question.

Currently ProForma does not align with this functionality out of the box, and requires workarounds to give said (site-access only) users permissions - so that they can select necessary users in the user-picker that lives in a ProForma form. While in a standard Jira form this is not a problem. FYI we are using Cloud.

This particular issue is holding us back from rolling out use of ProForma forms, as we have started to create many forms in ProForma but do not wish to have to implement workarounds.

Any update on how this might play out when ProForma is fully integrated in JSM would be awesome. Many thanks and best of luck on the integration.

Dan W August 31, 2021

@Simon Herd , A couple of questions.

• Would we have to purchase proforma to install and use it now? 

• And will it be available for software and work management projects or just JSM projects?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events