Jira Work Management: How do I archive done tasks in the board?

Berk Haznedar April 13, 2022

I can't remove or archive done tasks in the board. Is there a solution for this?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Rusnak
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2022

Hi Berk, 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!  We are happy you are here! 

If I am understanding your question correctly, the ability to archive issues on demand in Jira Work Management is not currently available.  It has been requested via the following: 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JWMCLOUD-221

Currently, issues in the done column of a JWM board should be archived after 14 days automatically.  But they cannot be archived or hidden on demand.  If this is functionality you would like you can up vote the issue at the link I provided above.  

If I have misunderstood your request in anyway and this is not what you are looking for, please let me know.  

Best, 

Andy

António Barros e Cunha August 4, 2022

Hi Andy,

In this thread back in 2020 (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-do-we-Archive-the-Done-issues-in-a-project/qaq-p/1481439) one would be allowed to clear the Done board. However, today I tried doing it but I don't have that option. Was it removed? A way to automate the clearance of a board such as "Done" would be incredibly useful.

Andy Rusnak
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 5, 2022

Hi Antonio, 

Thanks for the additional question.  The option referenced within the Community Post you noted is only available in specific project types. So in order to see the 'Clear X Done Issue' option, you would need to be using a Software Project that is not configured to leverage Sprints.   

In this case of this thread, it was mentioned that Jira Work Management is in use, which would not be a Software Project, but rather a Business Project type where this functionality does not yet exist, but is requested via JWMCLOUD-221 . 

Does that help to elaborate on this functionality a bit? 

Best,

Andy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events