Is there a way to extract a report that would should how long a ticket is in a particular status?

Jillian Marabut August 6, 2020

Our team is need in of a detailed report on tickets, particularly how long one stays in a specific status.

I.e., ABC-1 Ticket Status -> Open -> In Progress -> Escalated -> In Progress -> Done. 

What we need to show: How long did the ticket stay in "Escalated" before it was transitioned back to "In Progress"? 

Goal: Have a report of all tickets highlighting trends, what type of tickets usually gets escalated, how long before it gets resolved, etc. 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2020

Hi Jillian,

I don't think there are any good built in reports that will show this for you. We use an add-on called Nave and find that it works great. 

There are also some free Chrome extensions the might provide you what you are looking for. A couple that I have used in the past are:

Jira Issue Cycle Time

Jira Flow Companion

I hope that helps a little!

Jillian Marabut August 6, 2020

I will look into these options. Thank you very much!

Like John Funk likes this
1 vote
Mariana_Pryshliak_Saasjet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 12, 2020

Hello @Jillian Marabut 

In addition to the proposal above, you can try other solutions from Atlassian Marketplace. For example, Time in Status for Jira Cloud and Time between Statuses

Time in Status for Jira Cloud generates a report based on how long each issue has been staying in a particular status. So you can monitor how long an issue has been staying in "Escalated" status before it has transitioned back to "In Progress".

tiss3.png

Time between Statuses calculates how long it takes an issue to move from one status to another.

tbs.png

I hope, you find this info helpful

Best regards, Mariana

Jillian Marabut September 7, 2020

Hi @Mariana_Pryshliak_SaaSJet 

Thank you very much for the detailed response on my inquiry. Will be looking into your suggestions.

0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 18, 2020

Hi @Jillian Marabut ,

For that exact need, we developed below 2 apps available at Marketplace.

• Status Time: It generates status time report based on a calendar(7/24 or your working calendar). You can see sample report on online demo here.
  • Status Time Free : Limited but free version of the above.

Untitled.png

Jillian Marabut September 7, 2020

Hi @Bloompeak Support 

Thank you very much for the detailed response on my inquiry. Will be looking into your suggestions.

Suggest an answer