How can I add a custom field (time in status)?

Flor Mejía February 17, 2021

Good afternoon community I have some doubt I'm not sure how I can add a time field, because it doesn't appear to me as a time type.

Thanks to all

3 answers

0 votes
Emre Toptancı _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 21, 2021

Hello @Flor Mejía ,

A "Time Field" is a very generic description. What do you want to display in that Time Field?

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2021

Hi @Flor Mejía  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If you do not wish to purchase an add-on product from the marketplace to see this information, you have a couple of options:

• On Classic Project boards, you may enable the Days in Column feature, which will show dots for the number of days in a column.  When you hover your cursor over the dots, the exact day count displays.  To enable that feature, at the right side of the board select: ... > Board Settings > Card Layout > Days In Column
  • When you need a more precise value for time in status (e.g. 103 hours), you may create your own custom field and use automation rules to set the field.  To learn more about automation rules, please see this article: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Automation-articles/Jira-Automation-all-the-resources-you-need-in-one-page/ba-p/1388465

Best regards,

Bill

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2021

Hi @Flor Mejía,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Have a look at this thread, How do I create a 'time in status' report in Jira Cloud?, it is mentioning two apps that would allow you to do this.  

Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 20, 2021

Hi @Flor Mejía , @Mikael Sandberg ,

As an alternative to the apps, there is Status Time app developed by our team. It provides reports on how much time passed in each status as well as status entry dates and status transition count.

Once you enter your working calendar into the app, it takes your working schedule into account too. That is, "In Progress" time of an issue opened on Friday at 5 PM and closed on Monday at 9 AM, will be a few hours rather than 3 days. It has various other reports like assignee time, status entry dates, average/sum reports(eg. average in progress time per project).

Here is the online demo link, you can see it in action and try.

If you are looking for a free solution, you can try the limited version Status Time Free. Hope it helps.

Suggest an answer