Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

E-mail notifications on a custom field

Hi friends,

I ask your kind help on resolving an issue with a custom field.

I've created a custom field which did add to the default issue screen.

This field is used to assign the QA responsible, so it gets options from the DB.

The problem we have is, Jira doesn't send notifications to the assignee.

I need to know where or what configuration I should manage to achieve that notification function.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Taranjeet Singh Community Leader Jul 02, 2019

@Gabriel Marcopulos You will need to apply a solution, by creating a custom event and adding it to Notification scheme and triggering this custom event the relevant transition in your workflow on which you assign the QA person to the ticket. The solution will be on the similar lines as provided here by Atlassian for some other scenario: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/configure-a-custom-event-notification-for-a-specific-jira-workflow-transition-or-status-720831525.html

Hope it helps!

Hi @Taranjeet Singh , thanks for your help!
I tried that, based in your advice, but still doesn't works...
Also, I would like to achieve the same behavior than Assignee field, which sends a specific notification to the assignee e-mail inbox when the assignation is made.

As I understood, this process you recommended me will trigger a notification when a transition it's executed, isn't it?
Again, thank you so much for your help!

Taranjeet Singh Community Leader Jul 11, 2019

@Gabriel Marcopulos For this solution, you will need to have a transition on which you have a transition screen where you have "Assignee" field. An when you assign an issue to QA person during this transition, it will fire a custom event , which should send a notification to Assignee of the issue. (The notification scheme of the project should have this custom event and Assignee present)

Like Gabriel Marcopulos likes this

Thank you very much @Taranjeet Singh !

Kind regards.

Taranjeet Singh Community Leader Jul 11, 2019

@Gabriel Marcopulos Could you please mark my answer as accepted if it proved useful for answering your queries? Thanks !

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Jira Service Management

JSM June ask me anything (AMA)

Hello Community members! We’re wrapping up the end of JSM June with an Ask Me Anything (AMA) with the Jira Service Management product team. This is your chance to ask all your ITSM questions to o...

262 views 13 14
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you