Changing Status Ordering

Jonathan Cunliffe April 29, 2021

Hi,

I'm in the process of re-ordering my statues by means of using the up and down arrows against the status in the Issue Attributes | Statuses Screen - Really Atlassian, is this the only way you could have implemented this functionality! It's truly awful and something to be ashamed of . Frequently the clicks have no impact on the position of the statues.  The screen refreshes but the status I'm trying to move is just stuck.  Clicking others around it and they don't move either.

This is just making a horrendous process even worse.

Has anyone else come across this and is there a work-around?

Cheers,
Jon C 

4 answers

1 vote
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

HI @Jonathan Cunliffe , 

Unfortunately, there isn't one.  A suggestion ticket has been filed:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-69156

The arrows should work as @Alexander Bondarev  mentioned. I have used it as well and the status does re-order for cloud.

1 vote
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2021

Hi, @Jonathan Cunliffe !

If we are talking about Cloud I've never faced with this problem...

Arrows work correctly 🤷‍♂️

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2021

Hi @Jonathan Cunliffe

I remember an intermittent issue with the ordering which was discussed some time ago:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Custom-Status-Sorting/qaq-p/1576030

To my surprise a different bug was linked back when we discussed it - so maybe this is a mixture of different symptoms.

I'd suggest to watch both, the JRACLOUD-69156 was new to me.

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Jonathan Cunliffe April 29, 2021

Hi @Benjamin , @Alexander Bondarev ,

Thanks for your responses.  It's definitely an intermittent, aren't they always the best(!), issue.  I can merrily click away on an arrow, watching the screen refresh, to no avail.  Then it works only to stop again after a short while.

Happy to gather any evidence you'd like in order to resolve.  Just let me know.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer