• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Custom Status Sorting Edited

I want to be able to sort new statuses so that they appear in a logical order in the status dropdown on a specific issue.

I've lurked some forums and figured out that the best/only way to do this should be in the screen below.

Snag_f05be7f.png

What's bugging me is that only some are sortable. On the printscreen above, I've marked the red ones as they could not be sorted, not matter how I tried, (up, down, more times than one, different browsers). However above a specific line (green box and upwards), it went just fine to sort statuses.

Is there some "rule" or "limit" to a status that it cannot be sorted that I'm not aware of?

(Note that there are probably 100 custom statuses in this list.)

Thanks!

/ Jakob 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

To change the sorting in the dropdown list of statuses in the issue view, we need to add a property called opsbar-sequence on to the transition id (not the Step Name id).  See screenshot for reference. 

Then, add a sequence like 0, 10, 20, 30, etc, to all of the transitions (they need only to be edited once if they are reused under each Step Name). Publish, and the dropdown now shows the statuses in the order you defined. 

Note: the above sorting of statuses in the original ticket, does not have any affect on the dropdown of statuses (as they are triggered transitions). That sorting only affects when sorting on statuses in ascending/descending order, to my knowledge.  

Snag_180b5b8b.png

Daniel Ebers Community Leader Jan 13, 2021

Perfect! Glad you got it sorted out ;)

Like Jakob Agelin likes this

In dashboard gadgets like two dimensional or something,

Go to gadget settings.

Choose "Sort By" as Natural .

Don't choose Total.

0 votes
Daniel Ebers Community Leader Jan 12, 2021

Hi Jakob,

from your description it might be the problem you are facing corresponds to this bug:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-70151

At least from the description

Sometimes the button do nothing - You click on the arrows to move the status up and down, but nothing happens.

I suspect to recognize a match from what you describe.

Could you please cross check with the bug report and it case it is a match click on "Vote for this issue" over there?

Tip: in case you click "Start watching this issue" you will be informed about its progress.

There is also a workaround which basically says "click onto the arrow several times" ;) ...

In case you can confirm if it is what you experience this could help others here in Community.

Thanks & Cheers,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for this reply, this seems to be exactly what I'm facing.

I'll vote it up and try out the workarounds.

/ Jakob

I did some experiments and I'll post the findings in a new comment with a solution to my ask.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Announcing the waitlist for Jira Work Management

Hey there Cloud Community members! We’re excited to give you the first glimpse of the new home for business teams on Jira — Jira Work Management. Jira Work Management is the next generation of J...

153 views 3 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you