Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian teams are coming to Jira Software!

Viewing page 4 of 8

176 comments

Comment

Belinda Baker June 14, 2023

Hello @Chris and Atlassian, 

Just wanted to clarify "Atlassian teams are visible across the organisation, even at present. So if a team is created in Jira, it will be visible in Confluence as well."

Did you mean on a Site level rather than an organisation level?

We have an Enterprise customer who has different Teams across separate Sites and have not seen Jira Teams from Site A listed in the Jira Teams for Site B.

The language around these changes has mentioned organisation but it seems to implied it is shared at a Site level rather than Organisation level, the clarity is needed to confirm if we need to de-dupe Teams across an org level or just a site level.

Kind Regards,

Belinda

Andrei Paikin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 30, 2023

Is there REST API to search for teams, similar to user (/rest/api/3/users/search) and project (/rest/api/3/project/search) search?

I found no information in https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/intro/

I also tried endpoints like

/rest/api/3/teams

and

/rest/api/3/team

but it returns 404 on our instance with teams enabled.

Like # people like this
Sandra.Abi-Khalil July 4, 2023

A smallish question but top of mind for me at the moment; will it be possible to use for example the membersOf function for jira teams in future? Currently I understand that the membersOf function only works for groups which is very cumbersome since we can't manage groups ourselves.

Like C_ Dicker likes this
Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 4, 2023

Hi Jesslin, thank you for the suggestion, this is not supported today, but we will add it to our list of future improvements for Teams. I saved it here, feel free to watch it and vote for it: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-81398 

Like # people like this
Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 4, 2023

Hi @Adam Nichols (DISH) 

Users will be able to see all teams in their org in the team picker. They do not be a part of a given team to assign one. 

Can you provide more information on how this works for you? Do you setup vendors as Teams? If so, they are able to see each other today as well. 

Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
July 4, 2023

Hi @Gonçalo Moreira 

This is not possible today, but thank you for a great suggestion, I added it here, please vote for it and watch it. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-81399 

Like # people like this
Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
July 4, 2023

Yes we are, we have now rolled out to all customers in the Free/Standard Tier, we are working on the plan for Premium and Enterprise, we are being extra careful with that cohort as it is a bit more complex. We are aiming to roll this out to everyone by the end of this calendar year.

Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
July 4, 2023

Hey @Andrei Paikin 

Thank you for the question. We just released a Public REST API for team, find it here!

https://developer.atlassian.com/platform/teams/components/team-public-rest-api/ 

Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
July 4, 2023

Hey @Sandra.Abi-Khalil , that's a perfectly valid question that we thought of as well. We wanted to deliver the ability to JQL search for teams as soon as we could. The membersOf function would be a great addition.

I have logged the ask here, please vote and watch : https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-81400 

Like # people like this
Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
July 4, 2023

Hey everyone watching this post, we are happy to announce that we have hit an important milestone in rolling out the Team field in Jira to our customers!

It is now available to all customers on a Free and Standard license tiers. We are working on getting Team field to our Premium/Enterprise tier customers in the coming months.

Like # people like this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2023

Great news @Yerbol Nisanbayev !

Any idea when this will also be available for JSM?

A 2nd question from me would be if there is any filtering available (optional or enforced) to limit the assignee based on the Team? From a JSM point of view where multiple teams work in the same JSM project and it would be great if we could do a first assignment to a Team and then have that team take responsibility to assign it internal on the Assignee field.

Like # people like this
Belinda Baker July 5, 2023

Hi @Yerbol Nisanbayev

Could  you confirm the above please? It's quite important for Enterprise customers.

Kind Regards,

Belinda

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2023

To (partially) answer my own question, it seems it is indeed available on JSM free/standard as well.

I'm really hoping that 

1. we will be able to manage who can create teams / set which teams are available on what project  (to avoid a long list of teams from other projects)
  2. have the assignee pre-filtered based on the Team
Odmin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 5, 2023

del

Andrei Paikin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 5, 2023

@Yerbol Nisanbayev Thanks for the link, but this is not the API I was asking about. There are basic CRUD operations, but my question was about search for teams by their ids.

Of course, there is a get method to fetch single team by id, but it is not best approach to make a request for every team. Search endpoint is way better option.

Like Yerbol Nisanbayev likes this
Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
July 5, 2023

Hey @vivekgupta_hsc 

Can you please expand on this and explain what you would like to be implemented exactly and how does it help with your work?

Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
July 5, 2023

@Andrei Paikin sorry we don't have the functionality you need now, thank you for your feedback, we added this ask to our backlog for the API

Like Andrei Paikin likes this
Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
July 5, 2023

Good find @Dirk Ronsmans , yes it is available in JSM.

That's great suggestions and we have them captured already. 

Like Tomislav Tobijas likes this
Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
July 5, 2023

Hey @Meital Adir

Advanced Roadmaps teams are planned to convert to Atlassian teams in the upcoming months. If you want to avoid duplicates, please hold off on creating Atlassian teams now or you could create them but you would need to delete the duplicates in the future.

Hi @Belinda Baker this works on the organisation level. Can you please verify, they should be seeing teams from all sites in all sites. 

Todd Thomas July 5, 2023

Oh, no! We currently use the Components field to associate different teams to an issue because there are times when multiple teams need to work on something, but would like to switch to using the Team field except for the limitation of only one team.

How would Atlassian recommend handling circumstances where multiple teams need to be involved in one issue?

Like # people like this
Majken Longlade July 18, 2023

I have a suggestion for the JQL. 

Users can't manage their own groups, nor can they see who is in a group, which is a giant pain for managers wanting to pull up reports on their teams, or sub-teams/squads. 

I would like to be able to search user fields by team, example: assignee IN memberOfTeam(team) 

Like # people like this
Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
July 23, 2023

Hey @Majken Longlade , thank you for your input.

We are tracking this particular JQL improvement here, please watch and vote !

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-81400 

Like # people like this
Erki Tammik
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2023

@Yerbol Nisanbayev

Is Atlassian going to add visibility settings options for the "Teams" field? If we end up with 50 or more teams, it will be annoying for users to navigate and use.

We might have 5-10 teams that want to share tickets among themselves, and there is no need to display all the other teams in the "Teams" list.

The idea is to start assigning tickets to specific teams, so they can collaborate more easily.

Eric Krueger _StrataCom_ Inc_ July 28, 2023

Will Atlassian teams roll down into opsgenie (for our JSM customers) also?

Ryan Retting
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 16, 2023

We have a common project with a Scrum Board per team.   We would like to assign a Team to the Board and have all issues created on that board default to the team.  This would seem like a very common use case.

Since Jira doesn't support this "Team per Board" ownership model up by design, each if  our boards have a simple filter query "project = <projectname> and "Team[Team]" = 2"

That works fine.

However when we create new issues within the board, we want the Team field to default to the Board on which it's been created.  Otherwise, newly created issues disappear from the board due to the query filter. 

The Team field is not allowed to be a required field for some reason.  The team field is not an easily accessible field for Jira Automation from what I've discovered.  There's a few ScriptRunner and Jira automation w/ "Additional Fields" ways to possibly do this but it's very convoluted.

Will it be possible to have a Team default for a Board in the near future?  If not, what's the recommended way to set the default the Team to a default per board where the issue was created? (e.g. when it's created within the backlog view or timeline view of the active board?)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events