Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian teams are coming to Jira Software!

Viewing page 3 of 8

176 comments

Comment

Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2023

Thank you for clarifications @Mark Dodrill  Currently Teams is not available on Jira Align, we don't have  a short term plan to add it to Jira Align. 

We will need to gather more feedback to understand the need and priority of this ask, currently it is not a high priority on our roadmap. 

Here is a feature request I created for this, feel free to vote and watch: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-80852 

Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2023

Hey @David Meredith , that's true there is a huge divide between teams and groups right now. How to best connect the two is one of the area that we are thinking of for teams right now. We will be introducing some of the functionality available for groups  to teams in the near future. When we get closer to specifics, we will share the updates on the community :) 

And please feel free to vote for a related ticket here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-73457

Like David Meredith likes this
Kyle Foreman
Atlassian Team
April 6, 2023

Hi Mark,

To add to Yerbol's comments, we (the Jira Align team) are currently investigating support for the Jira Team field in our Jira connector. Today, you can map a Jira custom field, but not the new Team field. We hope to add this soon and then will look into further integrations with Atlassian Teams. 

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

-Kyle

Like Yerbol Nisanbayev likes this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2023

Pretty interesting update and eager to explore.

Like Yerbol Nisanbayev likes this
Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
April 11, 2023

Hey @Sergei Gridnevskii

That is an excellent observation. We often notice that teams tend to configure their projects to encompass all of their work. Our products provide remarkable flexibility, as evidenced by instances where teams create a new Jira project for each real-life project. In some cases, a single real-life project may be divided into multiple Jira projects. Additionally, teams frequently collaborate and take ownership of tickets in projects managed by other teams, demonstrating the myriad use cases.

To accommodate these diverse scenarios, we are incorporating the team concept into Jira, streamlining the process of tracking team work across various Jira projects, regardless of how the work is set up for any particular team.

Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
April 11, 2023

Hey @Sergei Gridnevskii ,

No Teams will stay a custom field but it will be better integrated with the rest of Atlassian platform. For example you would be able to @mention the team across Jira and Confluence, see who is the team comprised of instead of just seeing the team's name and more.

Laura Friedman April 17, 2023

What is the anticipated timeframe for formal release?

Like Mark Caelen likes this
Jason Selby April 19, 2023

How do you assign a ticket to a team. I have enabled the field, and when i try to type the Team name it comes up with "plan-specific teams can only be selected through a plan"

Any ideas on this?

Like # people like this
Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
April 20, 2023

Hi @Laura Friedman 

We are working on getting this to the customers as soon as we can, but I am afraid we do not have a timeframe to share at this point. We will keep you posted when we have a more specific timeframe

Sandra Axelsdottir April 25, 2023

This is great news and I'm looking forward to this being ready and rolled out to everyone.

However, I have a request @Yerbol Nisanbayev

At Team '23 I got a demo of Jira Product Discovery and there Atlassian is introducing a new team. Can you please make the team function in Jira Product Discovery align with what you are doing here.

Laura Friedman April 25, 2023

Agreed. @Yerbol Nisanbayev , synchronizing this feature across Atlassian products is critical for our purposes.

vivekgupta_hsc April 26, 2023

It would be must to integrate teams with user groups. We must have option to add users in team using user groups. Please confirm is it planned and coming.

Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
April 27, 2023

Thank you for this suggestion @vivekgupta_hsc I have captured it in this feature request, please vote and watch.  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-80976

Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
April 27, 2023

Thank you both for this great feedback and I hope you enjoyed Team 23, we will look into JPD. We are working on synchronising teams today across all of Atlassian products.

vivekgupta_hsc April 30, 2023

Hi @Yerbol Nisanbayev

I also want to add that team can populated from project roles as well. Please consider.

Thanks.

Jesslin Chen May 12, 2023

As there may be users who are in multiple teams, is there a possibility to add a search features in JQL something like team = Currentuser(team) ?

Like Jörg Hoffmann likes this
Adam Nichols (DISH)
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2023

@Yerbol Nisanbayev This is great news and should definitely help solve some issues!

One question, when we add the custom field "Team" what values will be visible to the user?  Do they need to be part of that team to see that value in the drop down?  We have many vendors in our system and do not want them to be able to see or select each other

Thank you

Gonçalo Moreira May 19, 2023

Hello!
we created some teams, now we would like to restrict access to tickets by team.
Is it possible to restrict a Team to see only tickets associated with them, in a Service project (company-managed)?

Thank you

Marc Roberts May 25, 2023

Hi @Chris Francuz we're also doing some automation with the Portfolio shared teams custom field, so would love to already start using the new teams field in our cloud instance, if that's possible?

Like Claudia Gerbersmann likes this
Collista Lewingdon
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 30, 2023

At my employer we have many cross department and cross team projects, so I see the incoming team field as a great opportunity to assign tasks to the team that will handle it and let them decide who on their team will be the assignee to handle the task. 

Collista Lewingdon
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 30, 2023

@Chris Francuz I was going to give you kudos for your thoughtful and very thorough answers on this topic but the kudos system won't pull you up as an option in the system since there are several dozen Chris's in the system. 

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
May 30, 2023

@Collista Lewingdon you can always go directly to the person's profile and give kudos on the Kudos tab.... if they are enrolled.  Looks like Chris hasn't opted in yet. 

Like Collista Lewingdon likes this
Collista Lewingdon
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 31, 2023

Thank you for the response @Monique vdB , I checked again this morning and he has opted in now, so I was able to give him the kudos. 

Like Monique vdB likes this
Meital Adir June 12, 2023

Hello @Chris Francuz

When will you convert the Advanced Roadmaps teams to Atlassian teams? since we are using shared teams and I don't want to have duplicates if I'll create now Atlassian teams.  

Jason Selby June 14, 2023

Are we any closer to getting this rolled out? 

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events