What's New in Confluence Cloud – July, Aug, Sept 2022 Edition

Hi there, Community!

We know life can get busy so we're always looking for new ways to streamline your work in Confluence. With that in mind, excited to bring you new embedded page options, simpler navigation, upgraded shortcuts, and much more. Read on for the latest features!

Drafts are now easier to find than ever 👋

Don't worry about losing track of unfinished pages – drafts are now viewable in the Page Tree, Home, Recent, and more – so you can pick up right where you left off. Check it out.

dd86b6cd-8f8f-4172-90cc-bef8749aabbd (2).png

Embedded Confluence Pages in Jira Work Management 🤝

Goodbye, tab-switching! Confluence Pages are now embedded into Jira Work Management projects, so you can document notes, track outcomes, and stay aligned on work, all in one place. See how it’s done.

JWM - Embedded Pages 2 (1).png

Edit Confluence pages within Smart Links 🏎
Within the popular Smart Links feature, you can now edit Confluence pages directly through the embed view. That means more streamlined work! Try it yourself.

Smart Link Edit.gif

Editing pages just got easier
✏️
If you often edit long Confluence pages, you've likely experienced the annoyance of scrolling down the entire page once you enter edit mode. Not anymore! Now with quick edit, you’re automatically taken to the same spot you were viewing. Check it out.

quick_edits_promo.png

Create templates in full-width ↔️
Utilizing full-width mode is popular for viewing large tables or visuals. Now, you can create and edit templates in full-width too! Check it out.

777777 (1).jpg

Confluence shortcuts got an upgrade 🎉
Rearrange or remove shortcuts with one click, and enjoy icons that clarify the type of content you’re looking at (and add some color, too ✨.) See the new look.

dragdrop-shortcuts (1) (1).gif

A new look for page labels 💅
You gave us feedback that labels were difficult to add and view, so we made them more prominent and are building smart capabilities for labels. Learn all about it.

image-20220826-001541 (1)-min (1).png

Page updates all in one place 🗞
Introducing the Confluence Daily Digest; one daily email summarizing all of your page updates in one place. Learn more.

daily digest (1).png

Follow your teammates on Confluence 🙋‍♀️
Working closely with another teammate? You can follow users to stay up-to-date on each other’s projects under your own Home page. See how it works.

ConfluenceCloud_ProfileCard_Follow.png

Confluence is now on YouTube ⏯
Whether you’re looking to improve your Confluence skills, onboard a new team member, or learn how others are using Confluence effectively, we’ve got a video for that! Subscribe today.

Confluence YouTube.jpg

Thanks for reading! As always, please share your feedback in the comments and 
subscribe to the whats-new RSS feed to stay up to date on the latest.

16 comments

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2022

Fantastic updates and roll outs dear @Reni Carlson 

"Drafts location" is one of the area that's been long awaited in my organization. Also I see posts on this community for the same >> super helpful addition.

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2022

@Reni Carlson , it is great to see all these changes rolling out to confluence! I love what you're doing with the place keep it up. ;)

Like # people like this
Peter Quick September 17, 2022

The RSS Feed subscription link at the bottom of the article does not function.

Thanks for reading! As always, please share your feedback in the comments and subscribe to the whats-new RSS feed to stay up to date on the latest.

Message: This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it.

Cheers,

PeterQ

Divya Mona September 18, 2022

Hi @Reni Carlson These roll outs are going to be very helpful : ) 

My favorite is Smart links embed - I am able to embed a confluence page within another, but when i click on the edit icon within the embedded page , it opens in a new tab and not the way its demonstrated in the video above.

Appreciate if we should make any other setting change.

Thanks!

Anders Eriksson September 18, 2022

Special thanks for the "start edit where you are" function!

But it is not "ctrl + E" that takes you to edit on a PC. It is just "E". Bug in the information package :)

Like Reni Carlson likes this
Reni Carlson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2022

@Anders Eriksson great catch! I've flagged with my design team and they're updating

Lennon Liao
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2022

Hi @Divya Mona The Smart Link embed feature roll out is still in progress and will be coming to you soon. :slight_smile: It has not been rolled out to all customers yet which is why you still experience the "old" behavior of opening a new tab. 

Gabriel McKenna September 19, 2022

@Peter Quick looks like it's functioning as it should be. RSS feeds don't normally have styles associated with them, it's not really a link meant to open and be useful in the browser window but ingested by an RSS reader.

Like Peter Quick likes this
Peter Quick September 19, 2022

Thanks @Gabriel McKenna ,

Here's a screenshot of what happens when the link is clicked.2022-09-20 07_55_29-https___community.atlassian.com_tnckb94959_rss_search_q=tags_(whats-new).png

Reni Carlson
Atlassian Team
September 20, 2022

Hi @Peter Quick  - appreciate you flagging this. I'm seeing the same issue. I've flagged with my team and should be replacing with working link shortly :) 

Gaby
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2022

Confluence on YouTube - very nice - unfortunately not in our language.

We have now created 85 Confluence learning videos in our language for our end users on Confluence usage for our corporate WiKi, which are kept up to date.

Brandon Nolet September 21, 2022

This is cool and all, but when are ya'll going to fix the issue where you can't put an info panel in the middle of an ordered list?

Like # people like this
Dan Iveson September 28, 2022

How about fixing all the outstanding editor issues where you removed functionality that used to exist in the old editor? Until that's done I can't convert all my existing documentation from prior to being forced on to the Cloud edition - not that really bothers me because the legacy editor, even with its issues, is far better than the new one.

Like Shawna Schnorr likes this
Mads October 3, 2022

Great stuff.

Now, could you please fix: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-65302 -- this has been open for almost four years, and is basic funtionality. Currently, it is really hard to transfer to the new editor, without the possibility to link as text. And, you have stated you have been working on this, since 16. January 2020 -- with no resolution.

Gloria Cantareo December 4, 2022

Question? Can you integrate 2 different Orgs into 1 Confluence Docs/Policy Storage?

EX:   -

Org#1  (founders/creators/OGs): 

• 6 Teams || 27 Project Boards || Multiple Spaces || 1 Automated Confluences Docs Page || Integrated w/ Project with +300 tix  Org#2 (The Expansion, the little annoying sibling who can barely talk)
  • +2 Newer Teams || Work on Previous Projects || Moving to Different Jira Space (Same Enterprise)
    • Needing automation access to that OG Confluence Docs Page
    • All new to Atlassian (but in LOVE with the product) 

• So, can Org#2 automate/integrate these new Cloud Jira Projects?
    • Org#1 Doc Confluence Page from the OGs Jira?
  • If so, will that mess anything up?

Mateus Ferreira Joia December 7, 2022

@Reni Carlson , the new editing feature looks awesome!
Its save us a lot of time.
Thank you so much for this!!!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events