Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Editing long Confluence pages just got easier

Hi Atlassian Community,

My name is Sekajipo Taplah, and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team.

If you frequently work on long Confluence pages, you've likely experienced the pain of clicking edit in the hopes of quickly jumping back into work, only to be taken to the top of your page and having to scroll down to the spot you want to edit. 

This is no longer the case with quick edit, which automatically takes you to the same spot you were viewing, when you enter edit mode on the page. 

before_e_button.gif

Before

after_e_button.gif

After                                                             

We recognize that this is one of the most prominent customer asks over the last few years and greatly appreciate all the feedback. Editing is core and frequent to your Confluence experience, and we're iterating on that experience to meet your needs. This update is just one of many Confluence improvements coming. 

Quick edit is currently rolling out so if you don’t see it on your Confluence Cloud instance today, it should come to your site soon.

How to get started:

1. Scroll to where you want to edit on a Confluence page

2. Hit E or the pencil button and you’ll be taken to edit mode at your desired location

quick_edit_promo.png

Feedback or Questions

We want your feedback! Please drop any comments or questions below 👇 and stay tuned for more Confluence editing improvements.

8 comments

Srinatha T Atlassian Team Jun 16, 2022

Wow. This is really helpful feature. Thanks for sharing .

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone Community Leader Jun 17, 2022

Much needed and appreciated!

Like # people like this

This is awesome - thanks team!

Like Reni Carlson likes this

This is great news!!

However, for me it does only work with the "E" shortcut, the pencil button is only accessible on the top of the pages, and it automatically take me to the top of the page

Hi @EL OUALID Sara ! Thanks so much for your feedback ! The pencil button should be available when you scroll down too

You have to pause your scroll and scroll up slightly for it to appear when you're anywhere else on the page. Please let me know if you have any additional feedback!

Like EL OUALID Sara likes this

For me the pencil is not available on scrolling done and the shortcut doesn't work either.

Our sandbox is running on the continuous release track, but the functions are not there.

@Sekajipo Taplah thank you for your answer, I checked and it works like you described it.

Best regards

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

388 views 2 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you