Dear Community ❤️,

Roses are red

Violets are blue

This year is already ending

We can’t believe it, can you?!

2022 will be remembered for so many things

New templates, new Home page, more features in between

We shared Customer Love and laughed immensely at the gifs

We championed Work & Wellness, because balance is a gift.

This year may come to a close but the memories will last

Don’t fret, don’t worry; fun times are anywhere but past

There’s so much in store for 2023

For now, though, let’s celebrate! Confluence highlights, for you and for me :slight_smile:

Confluence Wrapped - Top Features of 2022

Celebrating the most popular features of the year, all reviewed and wrapped up with superlatives!

Most popular among new users: The new Confluence Home 🏠

Starred spaces, recent pages, and Activity feed to jump into work quickly, all in one place – the new and improved Confluence home. Learn more

home.png

Community’s Choice Award: Table Visualization 📊

With 68k views and 200+ likes & comments, you loved Table Visualization! Turn tables into dynamic pie charts, bar charts, line charts, and edit values or present your insights — all within Confluence! Learn more

table.gif

Top Time-Saver: Quick Edit ✏️

No more scrolling down the entire page once you enter edit mode! Now you’re automatically taken to the same spot you were viewing. Learn more

fh.png

Biggest ‘Surprise & Delight’: 37 new templates 📑

New users and seasoned Confluence experts alike love templates, and in 2022 we released 37 new ones that make jumpstarting on work even easier. See the latest templates here & here.

templates.gif

Best Work-Life Hack: Related pages 📑

Related pages use smarts to help surface the most relevant Confluence pages for you based on the content you’re currently viewing. Learn more

related pages.png

Top Work-from-Anywhere Tool: Brand new Confluence for iPad 🍏

It’s the beautiful update to the Confluence iPad app with redesigned navigation, new keyboard shortcuts, and more accessibility improvements, making it easier to get work done from wherever you are. Get the app

ipad.png

Most Likely to Cure Your Headache: Confluence Daily Digest 🗞

One daily email replaced individual inbox notifications, now summarizing all of your page updates in one place. Learn more

digest.png

Top Feature for Collaboration: Page status 🏷

This was one of the most-liked features of 2022 on Community! Easy-to-read customizable statuses make it easy to know whether pages are incomplete, in review, or in their final stage. Learn more

page status.gif

Top Feature for Individual Work: Findable Drafts 👋

Don't worry about losing track of unfinished pages – drafts are now viewable in the Page Tree, Home, Recent, and more. We even held a Findable Drafts AMA due to popular demand! Learn more

drafts.png

DIY Award: Customizable Panels 💥

The latest way to successfully grab readers' attention and make it easier to skim and retain your page is with the variety of colors and emojis now available in customizable panels. Learn more

panels.gif

Engagement Award: New Smart Links 🔗

With 150+ likes & comments spanning across all 12 months in 2022, you kept coming back to see the new upgrades to Smart Links! Embed and edit full Confluence pages into Jira, Trello, Jira Work Management, and other tools. Learn more

smart links.gif

Most Highly Requested: Advanced search breadcrumbs 🍞

Quickly get contextual insight into a page’s location and hierarchy with breadcrumbs in advanced search results. Learn more

bread.gif

For the final reveal (drumroll… 🥁🥁🥁)

The GOAT of 2022: Presenter Mode 🖥

There was no question about it: Presenter Mode was the most popular feature of 2022! From record-breaking engagement on the Community post to in-product feedback, you all loved having a presentation-ready deck without leaving Confluence – a whole-new and easier-than-ever way to let your work shine. Learn more

presenter mode.png
Last but not least, thank YOU for joining us. None of this would be worth celebrating without the ideas, input, and engagement from you and your teams. Cheers to 2022 from Confluence to you! 🎉

More Confluence highlights of 2022:

• The latest and greatest Confluence content is now on YouTube and TikTok! 🎥

• We celebrated you! With appreciation, new features, and prizes, lots of love was shared during Confluence Customer Love Month. 💗

• Confluence took a particular interest in promoting better balance with asynchronous collaboration, bringing together like-minded brains and brands to discuss how Work and Wellness meet. 🧘🏻‍♂️

• The inaugural Atlassian Presents: Work Life event featured Confluence onboarding tips & more sessions packed with goodness.💡✨ Now those webinars are on-demand here.

Want to make Confluence better for 2023, and win some swag too? The first 80 respondents to fill out this 5-minute survey receive a gift box! 🎁

10 comments

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2022

Thanks for the year in review. I filled out the survey, fingers crossed for a gift box!

Like Cindy Ji likes this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2022

Thank you. So much great work!

Like Cindy Ji likes this
Reni Carlson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2022

Wow, what a year!! Thanks for recapping in such a creative way. Happy holidays, everyone! ❤️

Like # people like this
lhodge
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2022

<3 <3 

Like Cindy Ji likes this
Brittany Sudlow
Atlassian Team
December 19, 2022

Presenter mode is my favorite! What a year, here's to 2023!

Like # people like this
Michael Tinglin
Atlassian Team
December 19, 2022

Amazing progress! Great recap.

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2022

Thank you for this list of amazing features! You go Confluence team! 

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2022

I feel like I just watched a montage of my 2022. Thanks for the reminder of how far we have come - and I can't wait to see how far we will continue to go in 2023!

Like # people like this
Tosha Liveoak January 11, 2023

Would anyone know if Confluence has the functionality to create a community forum and have non-licensed users interact on the forum?  Or does it have to be a paid seat?

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2023

@Tosha Liveoak - Atlassian offers Questions for Confluence for forum-like functionality (Cloud and Data Center). I'm fairly sure that paid seats are required for all users.

I recommend starting a new question (click Ask the community in the header) to make sure your question is seen! (I tried searching to see if anyone has asked your question, but I couldn't find a definitive thread for this.)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events