Create
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Let's plant more trees than ever: Likes for Trees 3 starts July 1 🌳🌳🌳

If there's one thing this community loves, it's planting trees.  Last year, during Likes for Trees 2, we planted 31,925 trees: 30,000 from July's tree-planting extravaganza, and an extra 1,925 for votes on our poll.  So it's time for another poll, and your next opportunity to boost our 2024 tree count!

Untitled design (3).png
                                                      The Tree Amigos

But first, thanks to our Team '24 attendees for voting on where to plant trees: thanks to their comments, we planted 890 trees with One Tree Planted: 310 trees "Wherever they're needed," 310 in Mangrove forests, and 90 each in Appalachia, Mexico, and India.

And secondly, thanks to everyone who chopped down trees with us in April! As you may have guessed, this was an April Fools joke, but you might not have known that we are actually planting trees for every action taken that day, adding an additional 3,483 trees to our tally in one day. πŸ’₯

So, we're starting off with 4,373 trees already planted! Every vote in the poll below will plant another tree, so cast your vote.  Plus, we're including every location that someone selected as part of the Team '24 voting! 

Quiz not displaying? Make sure that you're logged in.

There are more surprises coming on July 1, so stay tuned to the Community Kudos group for the kickoff of Likes for Trees 3, and get those tree gifs (and Three Amigos gifs) ready!

44 comments

Comment

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2024

Trees and confetti! I am already ready!

Like β€’ # people like this
Jovin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2024

This is such an awesome initiative, I can't wait to see where the next round of trees go AND how many get planted!

Ronald Bergmann July 1, 2024

I wonder how many tree equivalents we burn with all the likes and pics, though. Could we do anything more ... useful? Should we see this as an "investment"?

Don't get me wrong here, I love that we're doing something - ocean cleanup was awesome, too!

Ciara TN
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2024

As a self certified tree hugger and lover of all trees, I find this tree-mendous. 

George Fagaras July 1, 2024

Confetti first and much more trees after :D

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2024

Today's the day- Ready for the surprises!

giphy

Susan Waldrip
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2024

Love that Atlassian is trying to do something good for the planet! @Ronald Bergmann , I'm curious about your comment on tree equivalents that we're burning with the likes and pics, could you say a bit more and suggest some alternatives? I'd like to understand more, thanks!

Sandy Marshall July 1, 2024

Planting trees is so awesome! 

Summer Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2024

Love trees and love confetti! So ready! Let's do this! 

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 1, 2024

confett.gif

Fabrice Huart - NSI
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2024

We need trees everywhere for our planet :)

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2024

Oh my gosh i love the confetti!!

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2024

🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳

Viswanathan Ramachandran July 3, 2024

Trees for sure in India especially cities. More trees, reduce high buildings, apartments and instead trees

Makenzie Holman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 3, 2024

What a fun and interactive initiative. Great job, Atlassian! 

Josh Beckman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 3, 2024

Time to grow tress!

Anu Issac July 4, 2024

Our World needs more Green 

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2024

One-third of the way there already!

Only 27441 completions left 🌳
Natalie_Donohue July 9, 2024

Here for the trees, stayed for the confetti!

MJ Schrader July 9, 2024

Yay! More trees!!! 

Common Types of Trees and How to Care for Them | The Grounds Guys

Sriharsha July 9, 2024

Great initiative!!!

Monika Rani
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 10, 2024

I am ready to plant more trees in India :)

praabindh_p_ext July 10, 2024

Great Initiative, Hoping For More...

meshack musembi July 10, 2024

just planted a Confetti tree.  yees!
lets do this.

Shubham Agarwal July 10, 2024

Amazing Initiative! Extremely proud to be part of Atlassian Community.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events