Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Likes for Trees III: We Are The Tree Amigos 🌳🌳🌳

treeamigos.png

Hola, amigos! This year, Likes for Trees is back and bigger than ever. Because for the first time ever, we want to plant a grand total of 40,000 trees, and this year we're partnering with One Tree Planted.

As previously announced, we're starting off with 4,373 trees already planted  But that still leaves us with 35,627 to go, which is more than we've ever planted before in a single month. So help us plant trees this month and spread the word to your friends and networks. For every post on social with a #LikesforTrees hashtag, we'll plant another tree. 

For the entire month of July, you can plant up to 100 trees every day by taking any or all of these 5 actions:

• Like any piece of content! Recommend like-worthy content in the comments! And make sure to post plenty of tree gifs and pictures in this year's tree thread.  
  • Send kudos to other users. We now have four recognition categories to choose from, and you can award them right on the Kudos tab of a user's profile, or by searching their name in the Kudos window.

Screenshot 2024-06-27 at 11.18.07 AM.png

• RSVP to plant a tree. Your local ACEs (Atlassian Community Events) are awesome, free chances to network and learn with other community members, whether in person or online. Read our overview post for more on ACEs!
  • Share a piece of community content with the hashtag #LikesForTrees and encourage your networks to join and plant trees with us!  

In addition, our Super Planters (aka anyone who plants over 300 trees during the Likes for Trees event) will earn a special gift courtesy of the Atlassian Foundation.  Last year we had 1,069 folks planting trees, and 18 of those were Super Planters, led by @Craig Nodwell who planted an astonishing 3,020 trees.  🤯

The rest of the top 18? @Amanda Barber and @John Funk each planted over 2,000 trees; @Andy Gladstone @Summer_Hogan @Randy O'Neal @Mikael Sandberg @ronald_bergmann planted over 1,000 each.  @Sanjog Sigdel @Tomislav "Tobi" Tobijas @Marjorie @Dan Breyen @Hana Kučerová @Walter Buggenhout and - oh, me, @Monique vdB  - planted over 500 trees each, and @Dave Mathijs @Mirek and @Brant Schroeder each broke 300.  Amazing work, everyone!

Of course, I promised this year would be bigger than ever so in 2024, we want more likes...

More super-planters...

More new members...

and most of all... more trees!  🌳

So let's make July count. Ready, set, PLANT. 

amigos.gif

18 comments

Comment

Ronald Bergmann July 1, 2024

Let's do this!

(I'm back with a new account.)

Like # people like this
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2024

Love the return of this!  Let's get liking!

Like # people like this

@Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_let the likening happen :)

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2024

Getting ready to become In-famous. As Ned said, IN-Famous is when you're MORE than famous! 

Let's do this!

Like # people like this
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2024

Let's do this! Together we can achieve that easily!

Friends Community GIF by HuMandalas

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2024

Love the return of this great program! Let's get working on planting trees! 

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 1, 2024

Welcome back, @Ronald Bergmann!! 💙

Like # people like this
vikram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2024

good initiative and good that it got extended 

these tree's are our future natural environment given to our offsprings. 

Vikram P 

Like # people like this

Thanks @Monique vdB , gonna like that comment tomorrow (already 101 trees planted today :D).

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 1, 2024

@Ronald Bergmann wow, you make being a Super Planter look easy :) 

Like # people like this
Susan Waldrip July 1, 2024

My first #LikesForTrees, I think I'm gonna love it!

Like # people like this
Morgan Watts July 2, 2024

Very excited to partake in this event for the first time. May the trees be with us. 

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 2, 2024

@Susan Waldrip@Morgan Watts and anyone else who's new to LFT (or has a new account, right @Ronald Bergmann?) , here's last year's tree thread, Lots of comments to like! 

Like # people like this
Ronald Bergmann July 2, 2024

@Monique vdBperfect! Finally I get to like my own comments.

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 2, 2024
Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2024

So many tree threads. I guess there are essentially TREE pages for this (including this page), right?

Love how the pages BRANCH naturally from this page.

Okay, I'll see myself out. 🍃

Like # people like this
Santhosh Thokur Raghava
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2024

Let's plant lot more trees. 

Like # people like this
shruti_wagh July 2, 2024

Super Glad Planting trees is back 😊🌳🌱
Let us make our little efforts to make Big difference for our planet  🌏

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events