Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create an object in Assets Services with Automation (-> basis for affected services)

Christian Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2024

Dear community,

is there a way use Jira Automation to create an Assets Object in the default Assets Services Object Schema?

The create object does not work due to missing permissions.

From Jira Automation: do I have to use REST-API to create an object in that default Services object schema? How do you do that?

1 answer

1 vote
Vijay Dadi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2024

Hi @Christian Schneider ,

Yes, you have to use asset management Rest API's to create an object via automation as per your use case.

Hope the below link for documentation helps.

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/assets/rest/api-group-object/#api-object-create-post

Christian Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2024

This does not work, as the default Services schema is read only.

Atlassian Support directed me to this Knowledge Base Article: How to bulk create Assets objects in the Services schema | Jira | Atlassian Documentation

Has anybody done this and can provide a screenshot of the Rest-API in Automations?

Do I need to set up Opsgenie or can I use this API without Opsgenie? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events