🏁 Atlympic Event: Cloud Migrations

Announcement @2x.png

Hello Community! 

Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! badges! fun!) please read more and sign up on this post.

AND WITHOUT FURTHER ADO...

We are pleased to present the Cloud Migrations Atlympic Event: 

Whether you’re considering cloud or have already made the move, use the prompts below to share your Migrations story. (Please create a new post in the Cloud Migrations Collection). In addition to winning actual medal AND badges, winners of Atlympics - who give other customers the best peek into their own journey - will get their story shared on the Atlassian Work Life blog and featured in our next Community Resources Roundup. The first 10 posts will each receive a $20 to the Atlassian swag store!

The fine print: Please publish a post in the Cloud Migration Collection in Community that answers the questions below, depending on the stage you’re in. You don’t need to answer all of the questions below, just use them as prompts to get you started. Feel free to copy and paste the questions, write free form, or include photos or GIFs… totally up to you!

If you’re starting to explore cloud and considering migrating….

Getting to know you….

• Company & your role?

• Size of your company?

• Atlassian products your team uses?

• Which teams use Atlassian products - dev, non-dev, both?

• Integrations or key apps?

Now to the good stuff…. (pick and choose here - these are prompts to get you started!)

• If you had a magic wand and could add one current Atlassian cloud feature to your on-prem instance, what would it be and why?

• How would cloud make your life easier?

• Is there a feature that’s coming in cloud that you’re especially excited about?

If you’re in the midst of migrating or have already finished migrating…

Getting to know you….

• Company & your role?

• Size of your company?

• Atlassian products your team uses?

• Which teams use Atlassian products - dev, non-dev, both?

• Integrations or key apps?

Now to the good stuff…. (pick and choose here - these are prompts to get you started!)

• What surprised you most about the migration to cloud?

• What technical a-ha moment helped you get across the finish line?

• What advice would you give other customers starting a migration? What do you wish you’d known?

• What migration strategy and method did you use?

• What’s the best part of life in cloud post-migration?

9 comments

Comment

Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2021
Like • # people like this
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2021
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2021
Ignacio Aredez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2021

This is my post may be a little long but I had a lot to tell you, I hope it is valuable and you enjoy it.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Atlassian-Cloud-Migration/A-DEMICONIAN-participating-in-an-Atlympic-Even-and-talking-about/td-p/1758361

I tried to create it as an article but I couldn't really find the option and it appears as a discussion. If any moderator can move it I would appreciate it. @Bridget is this necessary or is it correct the way it is?

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 24, 2021

Hi, here's my article about the quickest confluence migration to cloud :-).

Rodrigo Alvarez July 30, 2021

Hi there,

My humble post about migration to cloud, excited to be able to get hands on a future migration

Cloud migration approach (atlassian.com)

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 2, 2021

@Bridget - I'm excited about granular admin permissions, whenever they get here. 🙂 Here's my post!

Like • Bridget likes this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 4, 2021

Hi @Bridget Here's my kick starting cloud migration details and Preparatory list article submitted for this category.

I'm feeling great after submitting this post for various reasons.

Like • Bridget likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events