Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Migration Journey - Sri

Hi Everyone, 

Good day. Hope you are doing good and safe.

I am Sri Kumar, I am a Migration support engineer In Atlassian.  I have been working in the Migration support team for almost 2.5 years. And my journey has been so superb so far. 

If you had a magic wand and could add one current Atlassian cloud feature to your on-prem instance, what would it be and why?

Release next-gen projects in Jira Server

How would the cloud make your life easier?

I have been helping customers both on the Server and Cloud. The thing I like more about the cloud is the User interface. 

Is there a feature that’s coming in cloud that you’re especially excited about?

I am really excited about Cloud to Cloud Migration feature 

What surprised you most about the migration to cloud?

Migration can sometimes be complex, even when we are dealing with a small amount of data

What technical a-ha moment helped you get across the finish line?

Understanding how Jira and Confluence work ( basic understanding) would really be helpful 

What advice would you give other customers starting a migration? What do you wish you’d known?

• Spent time on planning the strategy for the migration. 
  • Clean up the unwanted data on the Server and migrate only the data that you need to the cloud. 
  • Always test migration and then perform production migration

What migration strategy and method did you use?

I have worked with different customers and different strategies. 

What’s the best part of life in cloud migration support team?

I really like to unleash the potential of every team by helping them migrate to the cloud.

Cheers,
Sri

3 comments

Comment

Elizabeth Howden
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2021

yellow-star this is awesome @Sri Kumar !!!! Migrations MVP :)

Like # people like this
Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 11, 2021

For sure - go @Sri Kumar !!

Like Sri Kumar likes this
Jacob Wisner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 9, 2021

Hey @Sri Kumar! The Atlassian Work Life blog published an article today featuring you and your story: "Here’s what you should know about Cloud migration, according to those who’ve been there."  

Thanks for being willing to share your experience for other Community to see and learn from! Wanted to make sure you were aware of the post—and if you end up sharing the blog on social, tag us and let us know!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events