Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How can i see the card count with search active in a list

So I have a list with many cards inside which all have a member. 

Now I use the search to display all the cards of one member. I would like to see how many cards in that list are assigned to that member. What is see after a search is the number of all the cards in that list and not the amount of the selection i just made. 

Is there a way to do this? Now I have to manually count the cards every time after a search. 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Laura Holton Community Leader Oct 11, 2021

Hi @Peter De Smedt 👋

It's a good question and something that has been raised a couple of times over the Community so I've added the links below just in case they can help:

I also had a look at Trello Power Ups and third party apps that could help:

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask 😃

All the best,

Laura

Hello Laura, thanks for your answer. I used a chrome addon, that you suggested, that does the trick for me:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/original-card-counter-for/ggamggchfpnmhmkeicjgpedgjcllcefp?hl=en

this is great and helps me a lot!! 

Like Laura Holton likes this
0 votes
Brittany Joiner Community Leader Oct 11, 2021

@Peter De Smedt I generally use the List Limits power-up to count cards in each list, but I'd never realized that it actually doesn't change the count when you apply a filter.

I haven't played around with Butler email reports too much, but I wonder if there's something in there? I don't think so because I don't see {cardCount} as a butler variable, but there might be something that can send you an email report and let you generate a summary

Hello Brittany, that is idd the problem but Laura suggested this chrome addon and it does the trick :)

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/original-card-counter-for/ggamggchfpnmhmkeicjgpedgjcllcefp?hl=en

Brittany Joiner Community Leader Oct 12, 2021

@Peter De Smedt awesome!! Glad to hear that - I'll have to remember that extension and share it when others ask!

While you're here - could you accept Laura's answer? It will help in the future when people are looking for solutions!

Ah yes good point. I did just now. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,408 views 28 42
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you