Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card count per member?

Ville Kattelus November 1, 2017

Hello World!

I am looking for a solution to visualize the amount of cards(jobs) each member of the board has.

In our use a card is a certain job, and for the team leader it is necessary to see the workload of each member when sharing the future jobs. Each card has a member attached to it. We can have 20 card in queue and it gets difficult to see the current situation.

Have you had similar problem which you have been able to solve? I would like to hear about it.

Best Regards

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2017

Hi Ville

You can assign each user a label, and filter cards based on that, but it wouldn't give you the quick visual that you desire.

My suggestion would be to implement some automation to your board using Butlerbot.  It's an east to use, easy to write command tool that can give you a visual like that....

To add custom automation using Butlerbot, follow these steps:

1) Add Butlerbot to your board here
-- A new list will be created titled "Butler"
2) Add a new card to the Butler list, using the follow text minus the parentheses

(Cards assigned to @username).  When you type @username, it will want to tag the individuals, so place a space after their username to make the tagging go away.  This will create a new card in the list with a card count for that user.

You can even color each of these count cards, for instance (Cards assigned to @username in purple) or (Cards assigned to @username in orange)

Let me know if you have questions about setting that up.

Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2017

Here's what the cards will look like in your Butler list:6DA7C723-AF24-4D4D-BD7C-2DC8F46AFAAC.jpeg634893DC-E933-46C5-A0B8-0CBB738B563E.jpeg

Ville Kattelus November 8, 2017

Thank you for this, I have tested this option. This could be my solution - other option is screenful.

Thanks a lot!

BR

0 votes
Bryan Dumaguina May 18, 2020

I have a similar situation and was trying to implement this solution to no avail. It probably needs updating? It mentions the Butler Power Up as a native Power Up? But I'm familiar with the Butler Card Buttons, Board Buttons, Due Dates and Rules and have already made a few rules for my board. I think I've got a good understanding of that - but can't seem to find a way to count cards assigned to a user.

Also, I'm looking for a way to modify it. I need Butler to give me a card count for a specific user and a "specific time period" only - say within a 2 week period - how many cards were assigned to user 1. 

Thanks.

Updated:
Apparently Butler was a separate application, and when it was acquired by Trello - this functionality was lost. I'm going to look around some more. Particularly this workaround:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Dashcards-in-Butler-for-Trello/qaq-p/1118982

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events