Card count per member?

Hello World!

I am looking for a solution to visualize the amount of cards(jobs) each member of the board has.

In our use a card is a certain job, and for the team leader it is necessary to see the workload of each member when sharing the future jobs. Each card has a member attached to it. We can have 20 card in queue and it gets difficult to see the current situation.

Have you had similar problem which you have been able to solve? I would like to hear about it.

Best Regards

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Matthew N Community Champion Nov 02, 2017

Hi Ville

You can assign each user a label, and filter cards based on that, but it wouldn't give you the quick visual that you desire.

My suggestion would be to implement some automation to your board using Butlerbot.  It's an east to use, easy to write command tool that can give you a visual like that....

To add custom automation using Butlerbot, follow these steps:

1) Add Butlerbot to your board here
-- A new list will be created titled "Butler"
2) Add a new card to the Butler list, using the follow text minus the parentheses

(Cards assigned to @username).  When you type @username, it will want to tag the individuals, so place a space after their username to make the tagging go away.  This will create a new card in the list with a card count for that user.

You can even color each of these count cards, for instance (Cards assigned to @username in purple) or (Cards assigned to @username in orange)

Let me know if you have questions about setting that up.

Here's what the cards will look like in your Butler list:6DA7C723-AF24-4D4D-BD7C-2DC8F46AFAAC.jpeg634893DC-E933-46C5-A0B8-0CBB738B563E.jpeg

Thank you for this, I have tested this option. This could be my solution - other option is screenful.

Thanks a lot!

BR

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 20, 2018 in Trello

Get inspired with Trello & earn free Gold

A blank Trello board can be both a beautiful and intimidating thing. How many lists should I have? Is creating 10 labels overkill? How can I best track my progress? Is there a way...

16,723 views 0 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you