multi select dropdown list update automatically using API's

ravi teja April 11, 2023

Is there any automation rule for the above question. 

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2023

Hi @ravi teja -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

First thing, I have not tried doing what you ask, and...

There appear to be several REST API methods (marked as experimental by Atlassian), to manage custom field options: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issue-custom-field-options/#api-group-issue-custom-field-options

And a REST API method can be called using the web request action in a rule, as described here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Automation-for-Jira-Send-web-request-using-Jira-REST-API/ba-p/1443828

If you try this, perhaps first try it in a separate test site/instance with test projects.  Only after you confirm it works consider trying in a production instance.

Kind regards,
Bill

ravi teja April 17, 2023

Hi bill ..

Is there any automation rule for this.if there can you please explain it ...

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2023

Please take a look at the documentation I noted; it fully describes how to call the REST API from a rule.  I also provided the REST API method you can call to update the custom field options.

Your scenario is uncommon and so you will need to build the rule yourself, and test it to confirm it works as you expect.  Automation rules require learning and experimentation to use them successfully.  Here is some introductory documentation and rule examples to help you write your rule:

If your rule does not work as expected, please post images of your complete rule, the audit log details, and explain what does not work as you expect.  That will help the community to offer suggestions.

ravi teja April 24, 2023

Hi Bill

Changes to existing fields (Names, values, required vs. not required)

Workflow changes

New fields

Scripting

These are the triggers I need ..

Suggest an answer