how to eliminate "done" issues from new gen KANBAN board and backlog

EBIHARA, Yuichiro
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 20, 2020

I'm working with new generation KANBAN project.

Now, lots of completed issues are left on the right-most column ("Done") of the board.

I'd like to know how to eliminate them.

If possible, I want such completed issues to remain on Done column for a week and then go away.

Also in the backlog, there remains completed issues that have been never moved to the board.

Do I need to move them to the board to make them invisible in the backlog?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2020

Hello @EBIHARA, Yuichiro

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Per your clear description, I understand you would like to know how you can remove the issues in the done column of your Kanban board, together with the done issues appearing in your backlog.

About the done issues in the right-most column of your board, they will get automatically removed from the Done column after 14 days, as you can see in this documentation.

Although this behavior can not be changed, we created the following feature request to allow you to customize the time or manually archive those issues from your Kanban board:

NEXT-GEN - Enable/disable/config removal of issues in DONE column 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

About the issues in your backlog, you can remove them by adding them to the Kanban board, so it will disappear after 14 days. We also have a feature request to improve the board filter to allow you to hide/archive the done issues from backlog:

Next-gen project backlog - filter for completed issues 

Additionally, I would like to mention that the Next-gen template was designed for those users who felt overwhelmed by the complexity of Jira Classic template and requested a simpler option, straight to the point with fewer options of customization. We're continuously collecting feedback from our customers to keep improving Next-gen, so please don't hesitate to provide your feedback on those feature requests.

Let us know if you have any questions.

EBIHARA, Yuichiro
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 22, 2020

Hi @Petter Gonçalves ,

Thank you for your great answer!

14 days... no problem!

And about the done issues in the backlog, your solution is acceptable.

I really appreciate.

Thank you!

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2020

You are welcome, @EBIHARA, Yuichiro

Have a nice week and let us know in case you have any other questions!

Dmitrii Eliseev August 3, 2020

Hello Petter!

In my case, it doesn't work. On our board, there are several issues that were updated more than 14 days ago. Also, is it possible to configure the board filter as it implemented in not next-gen projects? For instance, I don't want to see the issues of released versions on the board immediately after the release. How can I achieve that?

Like # people like this
Marc Smaak January 13, 2022

I looks like this auto clearing does not work for subtasks. Is this correct?
we switched from using tasks to subtasks linked to user-stories 1 month ago, use the swimlane group by subtask but all done subtasks stay on the board.

We are using a next-gen board in a team manged project.

Like John Minne likes this
0 votes
Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2020

Just noticed this today!

2020-07-15_9-46-14.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events