When closing the sprint in Next Gen Project, it doesn't close all "completed" tasks

Ayelet Germanski March 30, 2020

Hi,

I am using Next Gen project, and categorized the last card on the right as "completed". On the Board it shows 47 completed tasks, however when I close the sprint, it tells me only 17 is completed. I am not sure how to close all the 47 issues.

Anyone can advise? Is this a bug?

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 31, 2020

Hello @Ayelet Germanski

Welcome to Atlassian Community.

Per your description, I understand that Jira system is not recognizing some of the issues in your Next-gen Sprint as "Completed", although all of them are properly mapped in the right-most column of your board. Is that correct?

In fact, Jira only recognizes an issue as "Completed" in the board when they are added to the right-most column (Not columns) of your board, however, there are some actions that can cause the issues at the right-most column of Next-gen boards to be considered as "Open issues", as changing the order of the columns containing issues in a way that a different one gets added as the last one.

To confirm if the scenario above is the one you are facing, please check if there are any issues not flagged with the checkmark of resolution in the last column of your board:

Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 16.03.35.png

If that's the case, follow the steps below to properly set the resolution of the issues and check if the done checkmark gets added to them:

1 - Create a new column on the board and add it as the last one. Then, change the issues from the currently done column to the new column you created

2 - Move the issues to a different column and back to the last one

Let us know if you have any questions.

Ayelet Germanski March 31, 2020

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately I dont think that is the issue I was facing. 

I ended up closing up the sprint showing "17 completed" tasks, however in actuality when the sprint closed all "47 completed" tasks disappeared and weren't added to the sprint..

This leads me to think that there is a bug in the UI to show the correct number. Since this is the first sprint I closed, I will keep an eye to see if this happens again in 2 weeks.

Thank you again.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2020

Hello @Ayelet Germanski

Thank you for the information.

In fact, we don't have any bug reported about the behavior you mentioned, so it would be something new with Next-gen Template.

We will be waiting for your feedback to know if it happens again. If there are any other details you noticed, please let us know.

Suggest an answer