Next Gen project access

Dev January 11, 2020

Hi there,
I've created a NextGen project where I would like to restrict a specific User to only see this project. Every other project that User should not be able to view/access it. How is it possible? With a classical project, you can have user groups and limit them. How does it work on NextGen?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2020

Hello @Dev

As you mentioned, you can control higher-level access to projects with user groups, limiting the visibility this user has into classic projects. In next-gen, user permissions are controlled with the project's access level configuration.

You can change the access level by going to the next-gen project 'Settings > Access'. At the top of the page you will find a 'Change project access' button which will open a dialog offering you three options:

1. Private
  2. Limited
  3. Open
cokefour February 13, 2021

I've tried this but I'm having problems adding users to Private nextgen projects. I add them and get a successful popup but don't see new users in the project and they can't access the project either. Even as members. What am I not doing?

Suggest an answer