New sprint has last sprints 'Done' tickets in it

Chrissy Garnett May 12, 2021

We have completed our sprint and closed it. However all the 17 Done jiras in the last sprint are appearing in our new sprint. 

All the Done tickets have the done tick next to them. Screenshot 2021-05-13 at 07.46.43.png

How do I remove them so they don't appear in the next sprint?

1 answer

0 votes
Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2021

Hi @Chrissy Garnett 

Is the resolution set to resolved on the issues that have a status of 'done'?

It might be an issue with your workflow.

Normally when you close a sprint you will be prompted to move any remaining tickets that are still in progress to the next sprint (or back to backlog). This works based on resolution rather than status though.

If you scroll down to:

'Setting the resolution field'

Here 

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/work-with-issue-workflows/

There is an explanation that should help.

Chrissy Garnett May 13, 2021

Thank you, I moved the Done column to the end of the board and this seemed to sort it. 

Thank you 

Like # people like this
Deleted user November 17, 2021

Hi @Stuart Capel - London ,
I figured out that, since i have a very similar issue, i'd post my question here:

I have tickets that appear to randomly just jump into the next sprint, despite
a) having a set resolution,
b) having the correct status, that is mapped to the very right column of the board,
c) being basically the same as other tickets that did not get transferred into the next sprint.

So what i want to say is: I have two almost identical issues, same issue type, same resolution amd same status. One gets taken into the new sprint, the other does not.

Can i consider this a bug? I have never had this problem before, so i am a bit confused. It does not happen very often, but it kind of messes up my team's metrics.

Thanks in advance

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events