You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
User Ema as "administrator" permissions cannot add themselves or others into a custom people field called "Tester"
As a "member" of the project, or as an "administrator" Ema should be able to add themselves and others into the custom people field called "Tester".
- The project key is UDL. with name "Updated Decision". This field is available on Bugs and Stories.
- We recently moved to Team-Managed JIRA Project. However, this was also happening in our corporate-managed JIRA project.
- This has been happening ever since Ema joined us ~3 weeks ago
- Here's a screenshot from the "Access" tab in project settings. As you can see they are "Administrator" in this project
- Here's a screenshot from their POV. They cannot add themselves or others into the "Tester" field
- Here is the configuration of the field
- Here's my POV and how I can add Ema to the field.
- Here is the result after clicking the above "Ema" is added to the tester field.
- Ema is able to see this field after, and remove themselves, but they are unable to add themselves back or anyone else.
- Other accounts in the project do not have this issue
Please let me know how to fix this, or if you require additional information.
Welcome to the community.
Is Ema able to select users in other user picker fields, like Assignee?
To be able to select users in a user picker field the user must have the Global Permission named "Browse Users and Groups". Work with a Jira Administrator to determine if Ema has been assigned to a group that has been granted that permission.