How to extend the Next-Gen Roadmap timeline to beyond end-2021

James Chan November 22, 2019

How can i extend the roadmap timeline - in my gantt chart (Roadmap form) - i can only scroll up to Dec-2021 even though I have epics beyond that date

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ravya Mutyala {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2019

Hi @James Chan ,

For the next-gen roadmap, if you are in the months view you can view for 24 months. However, if you are in Quarter view the time span looks 8 quarters. As of now, I don't see an option to increase the duration in the roadmap. And I guess extending the roadmap in Next-Gen is not available.

Thanks,
Ravya

James Chan November 25, 2019

Is there a way to request this feature?

We are using (or was if this cannot be worked around) the Next-Gen project for long term planning (i.e. beyond the 2 years)

Ravya Mutyala {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2019

I saw a similar request earlier where Atlassian Team responded that they were looking into that request, and yes, you can raise a request with Atlassian team for the same from the below link :) 
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse

Ravya Mutyala {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 26, 2019

Hey @James Chan ,

If you feel my answer was useful could you please accept it, so that it might be useful for others :)

--Ravya

1 vote
michael.read November 2, 2020

Bumping this up- seems like no progress on this over the last 12 months? Anyone have any news on whether the Next-Gen Roadmap timeline can be extended beyond 24 months/ 8 quarters?

Suggest an answer