How to change epic for multiple issues?

Jad Sayegh February 19, 2020

I filtered the issues that I wanted and went into the bulk change edit panel however there was no field in there to change or assign a parent / epic. Is that not possible currently?

If not what's the most efficient way of quickly changing the epic for many tasks (or more specifically adding an epic to many related tasks)

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
David Biagini July 15, 2020

I don't have permissions to bulk edit issues, but what I did to add multiple issues to an epic was to select multiple issues on the backlog view and simply drag them to the left epic pane on to the epic I wanted to assign. 

Cody Wikman December 14, 2021

Worked like a charm!

Like David Biagini likes this
Sama Mohamed July 28, 2022

@David Biagini or @Cody Wikman   can you please elaborate how did you select the issues from the backlog and then added them to an epic

Cody Wikman July 29, 2022

@Sama Mohamed  When viewing the Backlog click to show the Epic Panel. When the epics are visible you can simply drag your tasks to the epics to assign them. You can do this with multiple tasks if they are highlighted. Multiple tasks may be selected by holding shift or control/cmd.2022-07-29 06.30.06.gif

Sama Mohamed July 29, 2022

@Cody Wikman Thank you so much it worked!!

Like Cody Wikman likes this
0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2020
Jad Sayegh February 20, 2020

Alright perfect. Thank you Ollie!

Suggest an answer