How do you link Tempo accounts to an Agility project?

Ricardo Marcantuono October 2, 2018

My company is moving over to Jira and Agility offers the exact functionality that we are looking for, but I cannot seem to link Tempo accounts to an Agility project?

I have created the account in Tempo and assigned the project to the account, but when I log time and pull a report for that account, the log does not show. 

When creating a Kanban or Sprints project there is an option where you can set the account for the project.

It is important for us to be able to log time against accounts as we have clients with multiple accounts on a single project.

2 answers

0 votes
Ricardo Marcantuono October 15, 2018

Hi @Eoin,

Thank you for the reply. We are currently logging time using tempo. The project is associated to tempo from Tempo's settings.

I can see the time logs from Tempo reports, but I can't seem to associate a tempo account to the project.

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2018

Hi Ricardo, 

In Agility Projects, it is not possible to add the Tempo Account custom field to the JIRA issue view. 
Tempo uses the value set in the Account custom field to link the worklog with the Account. 

Additionally, there is the option to use Account as work attribute.  This functionality is used to "overwrite" the Account that is set on the Issue and link the worklog to a different Account ( only Acccounts that are linked to the Project can be used for this.

To use this, users will need to set the Account when logging work.
Create a work attribute of type "Account" and make sure that Projects are linked to an Account.
When logging work, select an issue and the account work attribute dropdown in the Log work dialog will be populated with the Accounts that are linked to the Project (https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/TEMPO/pages/172458294/To+configure+accounts+as+work+attributes).

Regards,
Susanne Götz
Tempo team

0 votes
Eoin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2018

@Ricardo Marcantuono can you let me know how you are logging time on the next-gen project?

Suggest an answer