How do i filter on a custom field on the jira board

lin.bayless March 3, 2020

I have a large project that has multiple teams working from the same backlog.  I added team names to assign the stories to.  How can I filter the board to display only the team that I am currently working with?  The board is much too noisy if it is not filtered.

I can see a default filter option in the backlog view that has labels as an option to filter.  However I do not see that on the Scrum board.  At a mininium how can I get labels to be a filer on the scrum board.  (although I prefer team)

thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sue Hannan March 4, 2020

I haven't found a solution yet. My work around was to use the Label field for filtering since it comes as default filter on the board.

lin.bayless March 6, 2020

i dont see this available as a filter

lin.bayless March 6, 2020

please let me know how i can do this on the scrum board- I only see this as an option in the backlog view

Brian Boyle September 15, 2022

I'd suggest making a new board for every team. The JQL filter for each board should include an argument like "AND labels = "Scrum Team A".

Make sure you make the filter viewable to your entire org or else the backlog and scrum board will be blank to everyone except the JQL filter owner. You also have to make sure every single issue for that team has the label "Scrum Team A".

Suggest an answer