How do I get the Tempo Account field to show up on issues?

indya kachela March 9, 2023

I'm trying to do some work with Tempo to categorise some of our Jira issues into Capex, Opex, etc. I am having trouble getting the relevant field to show up on issues though.

I created a custom field with the type Tempo Account. I have it enabled for the projects I want it for as well as the issue types I want it for (just epics and tasks) and have added it to all screens as well. The field is not coming up on any screen and when I press 'Where is my field?' on the edit issue screen it tells me that I should be seeing it.

Has anyone else had this issue and been able to solve it or have any suggestions? 

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2023

Hi @indya kachela 

Are you on server or on cloud?

I would assume that you are on server. In this case I would run a background re-index of your instance. If I recall correct, when installing tempo, the Account field is already created. Can you confirm that you have only one field of type Tempo Account?

indya kachela March 10, 2023

Hey @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

Yes, server. 

Yes, the Account field is there as a custom field but ours is locked so I can't do anything with it. So I created another one with the same type that I could have access to configure 

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2023

Hi @indya kachela

The Tempo Account custom field is a field that is provided by Tempo and is used in many Tempo functionalities.
This field is locked to avoid that is gets changed, which might break functionalities in Tempo. 

Creating a new custom field with the name Account can not be used instead of the Tempo provided field.

Information how to set the field on screens can be found on Adding the Account Field to the Jira Issue View

To populate the available Accounts in this field, the Account(s) must be linked to JIRA projects, see Linking Accounts to Jira Projects

Best regards,
Susanne Götz
Tempo team

indya kachela March 10, 2023

Hi @Susanne Götz _Tempo_ 

I've followed those steps for field provided by Tempo but I still can't see the field on issues. When I press where is my field it says: 

The field 'Account' is not configured in scope of the project 'Mobile App' and issue type 'Task'
To solve this issue, go to 'Account' configuration page and add it to the scope

On the custom fields page, I can see the Account option says 0 projects under Available contexts but I don't seem to be able to add the projects because it is locked. Is there some other way I can work around this?

Thanks

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2023

Hi @indya kachela 

Can you please create a ticket for this in our Tempo Support portal, https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/6

Screenshots of the settings for Account you have in your system can be helpful. 
- List of Accounts in Tempo, Accounts, including the linked projects 
- Account custom field in JIRA Administration, Issues, Custom fields, 
- message displayed in "Where is my field" when checking the Account field. 

Best regards,
Susanne 

indya kachela March 13, 2023

Hi @Susanne Götz _Tempo_ 

I'm having trouble logging into the Tempo Support portal. It doesn't recognise my Jira log in. Do I need to make an account or should my Jira log in work?

Thank you,

Indya

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2023

Hi @indya kachela

You will need to create an account in the portal to create a ticket. 

Best regards,
Susanne

Like indya kachela likes this

Suggest an answer