How can I use a Custom field from a normal projct in a next-gen project?

Emanuella May 15, 2019

I have a custom field in my other projects that I would like to reuse in my next-gen project. I can today search for my issues and use bulk edit and set this field, however I cant see it in my next-gen issue other than using it for searching. 

So what I understand I can set it using bulk tag but not on the issue directly. Or do anyone how I can add the same custom field to my next-gen project?

2 answers

1 vote
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2019

Hello @Emanuella ,

Just like @elenushhh said, it's not possible to share custom fields between Next-gen projects and Classic projects. Each project template has its own set of custom fields.

However, many other customers are also requiring this same feature, so we've created a feature request to our development team:

Next-gen projects to share custom fields

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

0 votes
elenushhh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2019

Hello @Emanuella ,

I've recently start using a next-gen project, and I've noticed that you cannot use custom fields from old projects. 

But what you can do is to create a new issue type in your next-gen project.

Project Settings -> Issue types -> Add issue type 

Settings   Ninja Coders (1).png

The only problem might be that some fields you may need, are missing from this type of project, but you can use the right bar to create new fields. 

Hope this is helpful, 

Good luck! 

Emanuella May 16, 2019

Thank you Elena. I have created my own issue types. And I know how I can create a new field that is a replica of the other customer fields, but then it will be 2 different fields with the same name. However I would like to add that exact custom field. Since I can set it through bulk edit it feels like its a bug or half implemented feature. Or I dont know how to configure it correctly. 

Like elenushhh likes this

Suggest an answer