You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
For my project board, I want to a make an automation for tickets that, when transitioned from 'draft' to 'to do', a custom field's value populates with the assignee of that ticket (if the assignee is one out of 3 select users). Since the project board has many issue fields, I must edit the field using advanced field editing. I'm running across errors with my script though and would appreciate any help!
Screenshot of one of my attempts below:
Hi @jjang and welcome to the community!
I'm not sure that advanced field editing is required for this, but the value you want is dependent upon whether the custom field is short text or user picker:
Hey, @Mark Segall thanks for the welcome and helping out with my question!
The screenshot below tells me that if I can't find a field in the provided list, I should use the advanced section (there are too many field so only 50/1000 appear). I'd like to set the value of the custom field to the user picker, and am still receiving an error with the script in the second screenshot.
That's strange - You should have a type-ahead available in the drop-down so it wouldn't matter how many custom fields you have.
Anyway, it looks like you're missing an opening brace after the fields call out. Try this:
Hello @Mark Segall, when I check the audit log after testing the script, I receive this error:
Could this be related to the custom field not showing up on the drop down you mentioned? This is what the field looks like on the project board I'm working on. The image following is what I see when I search for the field in the 'edit issue' option.
That is strange that the field is not showing in the list and yes that can most certainly be related to the failure when you try advanced field editing. I would take a look at the following:
There are a couple layers of permissions to consider:
Screen configurations will play into this. If that field is not available on the Crete/Edit screens, automation will not be able to do anything with it so you need to make sure any fields are available on those screens.
Lastly, I noticed a small typo in my last response to you where I've added a space before the colon. I don't think this matters, but try this to see if it makes any difference:
Hopefully something above helps resolve the issue.